coolant for 04 taurus - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 08:41   #1 (permalink)

coolant for 04 taurus

I just got this car couple weeks ago. checked my coolant level today and found the coolant level is a little bit lower than the "cold fill range". Do I need to add in some coolant, or it will be fine. My coolant is in transparent light gold color (looks like oil), is that the color for so called "motor craft premium golden coolant"? thx
BTW, is there anyone know how much dealer change for the premium golden coolant? thx
yeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2007, 14:24   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: coolant for 04 taurus

When it's cold fill it up to the cold mark. Don't have a clue as of the price. Will research and post back if I find out.

I have not found a price but I did find that Zerex has came out with the same thing, Zerex G-05 - no price on that either
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 15:12   #3 (permalink)

thx, so the color should be fine, right?
Old 09-11-2007, 21:49   #4 (permalink)

since the coolant is low, can I just use Prestone "any color" coolant to top it off? thx
Old 09-11-2007, 22:49   #5 (permalink)
Administrator

Here is a snipet of a article:

Initial laboratory results indicate G 05 is compatible with traditional green product, but mixing with too much green may lower the coolant life. Mixing G 05 with Dex-Cool is probably not wise.

I would say either top it off with the gold or green.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 16:51   #6 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Exclamation Re: coolant for 04 taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwko
Here is a snipet of a article:

Initial laboratory results indicate G 05 is compatible with traditional green product, but mixing with too much green may lower the coolant life. Mixing G 05 with Dex-Cool is probably not wise.

I would say either top it off with the gold or green.
I wouldn't mix it, if in a pinch I would, but the gold has the same life as red coolant, so mixing with green will shorten the life of it, and affect the chemical package for anti-corrosion. Don't use the Prestone any color stuff either. Put in whatever's in there already. Gold-put gold in. Red/Orange-put Red/Orange in. Green-put green in. Make sure you do a 50/50 mixture with water. Get an empty coolant bottle and fill it half way with coolant, the other half with water.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:48   #7 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

On Fords with the tank that has the pressure cap on it you should fill it completely. This minimizes the amount of air in the system. From Ford TSB 01-11-06

SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007