The pulley threads into the damper, and has a bracket that attaches to the front cover.
1. Raise vehicle on hoist.
2. Remove RH front wheel and tire assembly.
3. Remove RH splash shield from front fender apron for access to crankshaft pulley.
4. Remove accessory drive belt. See: Drive Belt\Service and Repair
5. CAUTION:Rotating the crankshaft in a counter clockwise direction may cause timing chains to bind and may cause engine damage
. Install Flywheel Holding Tool 303-544 (T96P-6375-A) to transaxle case and engage flywheel
6. NOTE:The accessory drive crankshaft pulley uses left hand threading
. Rotate crankshaft pulley clockwise to remove. Remove the accessory drive crankshaft pulley bracket retaining nuts from engine front cover.
7. Remove accessory drive crankshaft pulley and bracket.
8. Remove Flywheel Holding Tool 303-544 (T96P-6375-A).
1. Follow removal procedure in reverse order.
2. Tighten crankshaft pulley into crankshaft damper counterclockwise to 95-105 Nm (70-77 ft. lbs.) . Tighten bracket retaining nuts to 20-30 Nm (15-22 ft. lbs.) . Tighten retaining screws for splash shield securely.
Damper bolt is regular RH Thread, get a new bolt as it's a torque to yield fastener:
1. Remove crankshaft pulley. See: Pulley, Crankshaft
2. NOTE:Crankshaft damper bolt is RH thread
. Remove crankshaft damper retaining bolt and washer from crankshaft (6303).
3. Using Front Damper Remover 303-009 (T58P-6316-D) remove crankshaft damper from crankshaft.
1. To install, reverse Removal procedure. Install crankshaft damper using Front Damper Replacer T74P-6316-B and washer from retaining bolt.
2. NOTE: Prior to applying sealer, clean sealing surfaces with Metal Surface Cleaner F4AZ-19A536-A or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSE-M513392-A, to remove all residues that may interfere with the sealer's ability to adhere
. Apply Silicone Gasket and Sealant F7AZ-19554-EA or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSK-M2G343-A4 to the front of the crankshaft on the inside diameter surface of the crankshaft damper at keyway.
3. Install crankshaft damper retainer bolt and washer. Tighten retaining bolt as follows:
a. Tighten retaining bolt to 120 Nm (88 ft. lbs.)
b. Loosen retaining bolt a minimum of one full turn.
c. Tighten retaining bolt to 47-53 Nm (35-39 ft. lbs.)
d. Rotate retaining bolt an additional 85-95 degrees.
4. Install accessory drive crankshaft pulley. See: Pulley, Crankshaft