Did Ford make a cd player for a 1996 Sable? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2006, 18:52   #1 (permalink)

Did Ford make a cd player for a 1996 Sable?

Just wondering if Ford made a CD Player for a 1996 Sable LS? My tape player died and I would like to get a CD Player.
jettman26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2006, 20:19   #2 (permalink)

Re: Did Ford make a cd player for a 1996 Sable?

I am very new here but i own a 98 taurus se which is built on the sable platform and although i do not know of an indash unit, i do know you can get an indash am/fm/cassette with cd changer controls,(mine has it) and then mount a cd changer in trunk that plugs right in just in front of left fender well in trunk but the plug in might not be there if your car did not have the head unit with the cd changer option installed from factory. www.crutchfield.com has excellant tech support and they can hook you up with an afermarket unit with installation kit & tech support----hope this helps---can anyone else help?
camaronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 16:44   #3 (permalink)

Re: Did Ford make a cd player for a 1996 Sable?

I should hope so, my 94 F150 has the factory cd player.
PopaTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:21   #4 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: Did Ford make a cd player for a 1996 Sable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettman26
Just wondering if Ford made a CD Player for a 1996 Sable LS? My tape player died and I would like to get a CD Player.
They made one with a CD changer in the trunk or cargo area. If the Radio has a CD button you can install it. I have heard of aftermarket ones available so shop around. The factory unit plugs into the rear chassis unit (The guts of the radio they moved to the back of the car while leaving the display where it is) on the left side of the vehicle. Hope this helps.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007