dpfe location? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2005, 17:13   #1 (permalink)

dpfe location?

Hi all...Just jumped in with what I hope is a quick easy question. I have a 02 duratec taurus. I am getting an excessive egr flow code. Could someone tell me where the DPFE sensor is located on the car. The egr itself is fine. I saw there is a recall on the sensor, but I am past the milage. I was hoping to replace the sensor myself. Thanks
mjb02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2005, 17:21   #2 (permalink)

Re: dpfe location?

Ok I think I found it just behind coil pack and a bit over towards driver side rather than directly behind the coil pack?
Old 02-21-2005, 07:05   #3 (permalink)

fixed guess this will be another board I give more answers than I get Thanks tons
Old 05-31-2005, 15:02   #4 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: dpfe location?

Thats where it is 2000-2005 Taurus/Sables with a 3.0 Duratec.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:32   #5 (permalink)
Unregistered

Where is it on a 93 Taurus SHO 3.2L?
Old 11-25-2006, 14:58   #6 (permalink)

What's the best way to take it off? How do you reach back there ithout taking the cowling or upper intake manifold off? I somehow got my hands back there without removing anything; unplgged the electrical connector and couldn't budge the sensor from the rubber hoses. I didn't want to start prying too much with a screwdriver to damage the hoses and making the situation worse.
kjm20005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:08   #7 (permalink)

If it is just rubber host, don't worry it is just run-of-the-mill vacuum host. Go ahead an pry it off with a screw driver and check it for cracks. You can replace the hose from any local parts store for just a few bucks, and maybe you should give its age.
dac122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:15   #8 (permalink)

The year is a 2000 Taurus. I tried again today almost felt like I was going to cut my wrist on the sharp edge of the UIM in between that and the cowling. Tried again to pry off the hose from the DPFE sensor and no deal. The tip of the hose will separate from the edge of the sensor but once you move it around the other side of the sensor it tightens back around the nipple. Is there something I can spray on to loosen the hoses? They feel like they are glued on and I am not about to cut them off with a razor or knife.

Why the heck are these hoses on so friggen tight? Especially in an area you can't get your hands on it to pull or twist it off.
kjm20005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:24   #9 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: dpfe location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjm20005
The year is a 2000 Taurus. I tried again today almost felt like I was going to cut my wrist on the sharp edge of the UIM in between that and the cowling. Tried again to pry off the hose from the DPFE sensor and no deal. The tip of the hose will separate from the edge of the sensor but once you move it around the other side of the sensor it tightens back around the nipple. Is there something I can spray on to loosen the hoses? They feel like they are glued on and I am not about to cut them off with a razor or knife.

Why the heck are these hoses on so friggen tight? Especially in an area you can't get your hands on it to pull or twist it off.
Thier so friggin' tight so you don't have an exhaust leak. Just grab the sensor tight and pull up hard on it. If a hose comes off with it just spray the inside with WD-40, let it set for a minute then grasp the hose and twist it off.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007