Ford Taurus 2000 SE Engine problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2007, 08:08   #1 (permalink)

Ford Taurus 2000 SE Engine problem

This is a Ford Taurus 2000 SE, approx 100,000 miles on it.

This problem initiated during a very rainy day a few weeks ago, leading me to the conclusion that something internal got wet.

Since then, the engine light has been on, due to my extreme time constraint and ignorance I haven't had it checked yet.

Today, if your from Boston, you know how bad it is raining. I started the car and the original municipal problem inclined to a worse degree. Supporting my original thought that rain is the biggest contributing factor to the problem.

The problem
When I start the car, and start to accelerate, it stutters, the opposite of going smoothly, it'll sort of like "hiccup" consistently, this hiccup distributes the acceleration, The car accelerates very oddly, sometimes, dependent on how hard or to what angle of degree the acceleration pedal is pressed down will determine how fast it goes, its like I need to find that perfect amount of pressure needed to be place don the acceleration pedal for it to accelerate fast. Notice How I said, just fast. No matter what It will not accelerate smoothly no matter what I do.

My potential solutions
1. I believe one of the 6 cylinders is miss firing, maybe more then 1/6, maybe 2/6 ect.. If that was the case, would that make sense?
2. Water is getting behind the hood, therefore flodering the engine compartments, maybe something got wet ?

Any help would be appreciated, I am going to the car service center today but just thought I should get a little background before

thanks
christianbber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007, 10:05   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Ford Taurus 2000 SE Engine problem

Sounds like a missfire. The CEL codes may reveal that. A tune-up is due by mileage.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 05:04   #3 (permalink)

Re: Ford Taurus 2000 SE Engine problem

Many auto parts stores will read the codes for free.

Please have them read and post your results.
dac122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007