Fuel Gauge Reading wrong - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2012, 20:03   #1 (permalink)

Fuel Gauge Reading wrong

1989 Mercury Sable 3.8 wagon

My car is having a problem where the fuel gauge doesn't read correctly. I have just tried to fix it by dropping the fuel tank and replacing the sending unit and pump. It is still reading wrong, so now I am wondering what other things can cause this to happen. I am thinking about replacing the instrument cluster because that is the only other thing I can think of, all the other gauges are working and are accurate. Also is there any way to possibly repair the cluster I have, if it is the problem?

Another thing I have been trying to figure out, if I replace the cluster with a picknpull one how do I change the odometer to match
paintball31390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2012, 20:23   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Fuel Gauge Reading wrong

It's possibly the anti-slosh module. It's located on the instrument panel board. If you get a replacement dash, you could just replace the speedo from the one you take out. Check all of the connection on the board. That may fix the problem.
Old 06-30-2012, 21:27   #3 (permalink)

alright I'll have to take the current one out and check the board. thanks for the reply it gives me an idea of what to look for
Old 07-01-2012, 07:37   #4 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Keep us informed.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:39   #5 (permalink)

I definitely will. I will most likely need to wait until about thursday or so in case the car is out for a couple days
Old 07-04-2012, 16:25   #6 (permalink)

So I have gotten the fuel gauge to work again by switching out the instrument cluster... now there's a new issue though... the speedometer does not work at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007