Getting Ripped off 98 Taurus - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 17:56   #1 (permalink)

Getting Ripped off 98 Taurus

It's me again, the guy with the Gremlin in the 98 Taurus, had the tranny rebuilt in Jan, borrowed 2k to get it done, it ran right for a month, I just got back from Laos and took in today and told them the issue wasn't that just it wont shift in to overdrive mist of the time but that the linkage was messed up and it wont go in park. Correct me if I'm wrong but even on a weird 98 Taurus the linkage is still part of the transmission right? You replace the transmission and dont do the linkage right you will have issues. Am I right? I think they are gonna try to tell me the linkage ISN'T associated with the transmission.

R
clydefrog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2010, 18:12   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: Getting Ripped off 98 Taurus

I think you are absolutely right. If they unhooked it to rebuild the transmission, its their responsibility to reconnect it, correctly!
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 18:21   #3 (permalink)

So even weird offbeat 98 Taurus' have transmissions linkages like any other car with an automatic transmission, just wanted to make sure because those front wheel drive cars with transmissions in sync with the engines are different than regular cars, like for instance on a Taurus the transmissions will whine even in park if it is low on tranny fluid, yeah I think im gonna have to call the BBB on these guys if they try to tell me I have to pay more when they never rebuilt it right, if they even did rebuild it...
clydefrog69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 16:28   #4 (permalink)

Yes, this vehicle has linkage. It's a cable that attaches at the top of the transmission. It attaches to a lever and the transmission range selector switch. The TRS switch tells the computer which gear you've chosen. It also acts as the neutral safety switch.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007