I want a SHO! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2002, 22:43   #1 (permalink)
gavinl

Smile I want a SHO!

I have a budget around $2000+, hoping to get a Gen II SHO 5sp from private buyer (been snooping around Ebay)

What should I look out for when considering a Gen II SHO?

It's a Yamaha 3.2 V8 right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2002, 17:57   #2 (permalink)
97TaurusShoGuy

It is a yamaha 3.0 for the manual and 3.2 for automatics. The engines in these cars from what i am told are bulletproof so that wouldnt be the main concern. I would worry more about transmissions and the axle itself. Have those checked out unless you know for sure that something has happended to the sho engine like overheating or something like that. The generation 2's look better but i think the generation 1's are faster with the manuals.
William
P.S. My opinion
Old 12-24-2002, 17:15   #3 (permalink)

Visit this site www.shotimes.com they have a section all about what to look for.

Big key is to find out if it has had the required maintenance done.

If the 60k service wasn't completed at all, the car is a crap shoot.

Check to see if the year, and front bank of plug wires has the original stamp of Ford, and the year of the car on them. If so, that means the wires are original. Most likely the plugs, timeing belt, gaskets ect...are all original.
That is a good indecation of neglect.

98 Windstar GL
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 12:20   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: I want a SHO!

My daughter has a 92 SHO for sale. Silver, 5 speed, air, black leather, all power stuff, sunroof, etc. 72,000 miles. New timing belt and water pump. She never drives it. It's in Augusta, Ga. She wants $2695 for it but I think it needs a clutch so she prob will take 2,300. You can email me at muff1674@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinl
I have a budget around $2000+, hoping to get a Gen II SHO 5sp from private buyer (been snooping around Ebay)

What should I look out for when considering a Gen II SHO?

It's a Yamaha 3.2 V8 right?
muff1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 16:59   #5 (permalink)

Re: I want a SHO!

89 sho 700.00?
10KTGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 10:26   #6 (permalink)

Re: I want a SHO!

mine for 700.00 pics here , http://www.cardomain.com/id/i0ktgold , load all the pics cause the 1st ones are the oldest ,has a rebuilt motor with 15 miles on it , and the origanal motor only has 40,454(6) ,rebuilt it because it was leaking something , but it was the powersteerin line ,didnt find that out till it was all rebuilt ,so yeah
10KTGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007