Ignition Pickup/Stator - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 15:24   #1 (permalink)

confused Ignition Pickup/Stator

My daughter has a '95 Taurus LX Wagon w/3.8ltr motor and when it has ben running for a while on hot days it stops running. After waiting for it to cool it will start and run again until it gets to warm again. I already replaced the coil-with no help there. I am thinking it might be the pickup coil in the distributor and have purchased the part but don't know how to replace it. Do you have to take the distributor out or does it come out the top of the distributor without having to remove it? Please help I only have one more day in Louisiana before having to go back to TN.

Please tell me how to remove and replace the ignition pickup/stator, I need your help.
gimpalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 16:53   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: Ignition Pickup/Stator

You have to remove the distributer from the car. You'll Have to pull the gear off the bottom and use a press to not damage anything. Why not take that part back and get a complete distributor? Are you sure it's not getting spark when it doesn't start? The fuel pump can also do that. If it isn't getting spark, it could also be the module. on the fiirewall
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 17:16   #3 (permalink)

How do you know it's the pick up coil ? What tests did you do ? Does it set a code ?
Is it missing spark or fuel ? I dought very much it's the stator. Could be a plugged gas
cap vent or spark modual. What ever it is it is heat related. If you replace enough parts you might fix it. Bottom line. Have it checked by someone that hopefully knows what they are doing and have the proper test equipment. My guess is the spark modual. How
does it quit ? stumble and stall or just quit as in stop dead ? You will not fix this by throwing parts at it. Actually you could but it will cost you a fortune. Proper test steps
have to be preformed. If you have lots of money go for it. You will have almost every part replaced and a new electrical system in the engine. Your girl will be very secure in
that aspect. Have it tested. Can you return your pickup coil ? I've never seen one go
bad unless physically damaged. Good luck.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 15:50   #4 (permalink)

Purchased a code reader and got a 111, 211, and 645. I think the 211 is the ignition p/u coil that I thought was the problem. At least the code book said something like that. Anyone have more advice on this?
gimpalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 19:23   #5 (permalink)

What about 645 ? That is first gear failure. Your 211 code is usually wiring problems between the CKM-CMP-and the ICM.
chipset is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007