I'm here , no fear...SHOtyme - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2001, 23:13   #1 (permalink)
SHO Member

Wink

Goodness another SHO in town,,,, I luv it. Whatever would Ford do without us to SHO the way..You go guys!

Marlene and Snowwind

Fellow Ford Family Members read this...Snowwind is 307,800 miles+++ and many more to come your way.

'90 MTX O X FOrd white, totally unmodded, OEM, as God and Ford intended a family sedan to BE!
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2001, 05:07   #2 (permalink)
SHO Member

Thumbs up

I think we need to get your car onto the SHOtimes faq page. If you have photos of it, at 300k+ it deserves a little celebrity.
Use PAYPAL! https://secure.paypal.com/affil/pal=SHOfan%40yahoo.com
SHOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 07:21   #3 (permalink)
LastSHO

Over 300,000 miles...very nice...

How many 60K services have you had done :)

All 5???

Old 02-23-2001, 09:44   #4 (permalink)
Multi Car Owner

300+K on ANY CAR is good. Congrats. My Marquis has 205k, only thing EVER fixed on the car has been a Starter, rotors/pads, and one Tranny flush. No other repairs have ever been done since mile UNO! of course oil changes, tune ups and the such, but that is it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marq.jpg (22.0 KB, 51 views)
Marqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 21:42   #5 (permalink)
SHO Member

60K maintenance

to: LastSHO,,3 times,timing belt, twice hoses and other belts, plugs/wires once, ...recently had inspection of plug wells, all dry. Needing to do...second crank seal, and on Monday, rear links and bushings all original come out.Possible replacement soon 3rd set motor mounts. I insist on OEM, stock, as close to original as Ford can now supply.

Marlene and Snowwind
Old 02-24-2001, 06:46   #6 (permalink)
LastSHO

Re: 60K maintenance

Quote:
Originally posted by snowwind
to: LastSHO,,3 times,timing belt, twice hoses and other belts, plugs/wires once, ...recently had inspection of plug wells, all dry. Needing to do...second crank seal, and on Monday, rear links and bushings all original come out.Possible replacement soon 3rd set motor mounts. I insist on OEM, stock, as close to original as Ford can now supply.

Marlene and Snowwind
Keep her going.....sounds like you should be able to get to her 400-500,000 miles! Thats not a bad list for 300,000 miles...you have to expect some of those things to go during that stretch. Might as well go OEM too.

Marqman...nice on the 200,000. Those V8's can handle that. My department puts about 150,000 on the Crown Vics we have and they could just keep going as long as the maintenance is done. Nice job...

Old 02-25-2001, 08:37   #7 (permalink)
SHO Member

Read

LASTSHO, regarding the decision on OEM parts.. I tried changing a few items years ago and was immediately surprised at the failure. In my humble opinion Ford probably did test these cars a million miles or whatever their rules are. One mod leads to next mod, etc. That was the feeling I got from the slightest change of any part. Other than killing batteries of any manufacture, which I now found amusing, an SHO is just going to beat to death any suspension you give it. Batteries...each new one given to Snowwind would take a little time more or less for him to figure out a way to killllllllit. I mean from 59.00 to 93.00 didn't matter, "gold" posts and "platinum"leads wouldn't make a damn. It's just his favorite toy to abuse!!!I lost count, maybe 7 of them. But I will say this, other than 2 or 3 times when his power control locks for the passenger side don't work(and they correct themselves when he's good and ready!) no electrical nightmares....I've never had wiring harness touched except for dusting off. All relays are original, all sensors are original, firewall solenoid replaced once(10.50 big bucks), fuses are original, no arching, smoking wires, no electrical headlight intermittant stopping, all the typical nonesense.. not him. So, batteries for breakfast o.k. you got it!!!Go Snowwind. Gotta love the old boy, he's got class.

Marlene and her good buddy Snowwind.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007