interior light and door symbol wont go off - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2005, 19:51   #1 (permalink)

roll interior light and door symbol wont go off

When I close all of my door the light will not go out. and when you look in the dash the door symbols is still on like a door is ajar. I call the ford place and they charge $60 just to put it on the machine. they said that it is a sensor that has gone bad but they don't know what door it is
catfish6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2005, 09:15   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: interior light and door symbol wont go off

Its probably a bad door ajar switch. Just remove each door panel and disconnect each ajar switch one at a time until the lights go out. To make things easy have the doors closed while disconnecting the switches.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:45   #3 (permalink)

Re: interior light and door symbol wont go off

My 97 Taurus did the same thing. This is a common problem for the Taurus's. What worked for me, was to take a can of WD-40, put the "straw" applicator on the tip, and shoot copious amounts into the lock mechanism at the back of the door to free the sensor up. Once I got it to working again, it never malfunctioned again.

LW
lylewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 17:09   #4 (permalink)

Re: interior light and door symbol wont go off

I agree with the wf 4- or a good lubricant. I got this tip from my Ford dealer.
Ford put the switch for the interior lights, etc. inside the lock mechanism and it is common for the thing to gum up.
Any dealer that wants $60.00 or any money to tell you what is wrong with your car, dhould be avoided [on my opinion].
fragmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007