Just bought 2000 Taurus SEL - Stange Problems PLEASE HELP! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2008, 13:52   #1 (permalink)

Just bought 2000 Taurus SEL - Stange Problems PLEASE HELP!

I just bought a 2000 taurus sel and i have had about 6 problems and owned it 4 days. The dealership already fix most after having a sh*tfit in there but now the is one more.

The gas guage does not illuminate. Well it didnt until i got back out of the shop then it worked again. I also noticed the automatic headlights on and off . Now the light is out again and the headlights always come on weather day or night. I dont know what this problem is! I am pretty sure they have something to do with each other but i cant tell.

2000 Ford Taurus SEL
60,243 Miles
DOHC V6
Electronic everything
dm609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2008, 20:08   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: Just bought 2000 Taurus SEL - Stange Problems PLEASE HELP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dm609 View Post
I just bought a 2000 Taurus SEL and I have had about 6 problems and owned it 4 days. The dealership already fix most after having a sh*tfit in there but now the is one more.

The gas guage does not illuminate. Well it didnt until I got back out of the shop then it worked again. I also noticed the automatic headlights on and off . Now the light is out again and the headlights always come on weather day or night. I dont know what this problem is! I am pretty sure they have something to do with each other but I cant tell.

2000 Ford Taurus SEL
60,243 Miles
DOHC V6
Electronic everything
I had a 2001 SEL previously and the autolamps started working more frequently when they shouldn't have. I had an unrelated problem with the EATC which I had a temporary fix of running the self test on the EATC. When the EATC would spit out the DTC's, I got a new one for the sunload sensor on top of the dash. The EATC and autolamps share this sensor. I'd say you need an sunload sensor. Easy to replace, just remove the defrost grille, disconnect the sensor, then remove the screws then the sensor. Install is reverse.
The Gas Gauge backlight could either be a bulb or a printed circuit board issue, I'd lean towards a bulb.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 20:07   #3 (permalink)

Re: Just bought 2000 Taurus SEL - Stange Problems PLEASE HELP!

Yes it was definately a bulb i changed that earlier today so thanks for the info. The autolamps still weird but im pretty sure you are right about that too.

New thing lol, car just came out of dealer shop needed to get seal between trans and engine replaced, then the horn stopped working. After i changed the bulb in instrument cluster, horn stared working again.

Any ideas?
dm609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007