Lumps on the floor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2003, 13:18   #1 (permalink)

confused Lumps on the floor

Another thing about my new to me 2000 Taurus wagon that has me scratching my head (in addition to the DPFE sensor) is there are a couple of peculiar bumps under the carpet, one of the drivers side, one on the passenger side. At first I passed it off as some irritating design flaw where Ford engineers decided to hang somthing off the bottom of the rcar as an after thought. But recently the one on the drivers side has "burst" like a bubble and has a sharp edge protruding through the carpet. I am thinking aboout giving it a good pounding but that doesn't sound very mechanic like. Any simialr issues or comments/suggestions?
Thanks,
Dave Miller
dbmiller8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2003, 13:10   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: Lumps on the floor

Could be rust in the floor board. Did you do a Carfax on it? I know that there have been a ton of flood cars out on the market recently. Just a thought.

You can take up the carpet and take a look at it. Removing the carpet is not that hard and may be a good idea.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 06:42   #3 (permalink)

I will take a gander at it. I did do the Carfax thing on it before I bought it and everything was OK. It was a local (Massachusetts) car and we have not had the floods that other parts of the country get. Thanks for your input.
Dave Miller
dbmiller8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2003, 22:01   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: Lumps on the floor

i would look for rust forsure. I know that my friends that live up there have had salt rust from cars not maintained in the wintertime. Maybe something for you to look at.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007