Misfire Problem (Code 306, nothing working)
96 Mercury Sable
3.0L/V6 (12V, not 24)
Around 111,000 miles
I started out getting a 301 code, signaling a misfire in the first cylinder. So since I have never tuned it up since I bought it 2 years ago, I replaced the plugs and wires, which fixed the problem for 2 days. Then, I got a 306, and my car started to flash CEL and jerk when accelerating/idling. I replaced the coil pack, but that did not do anything.
I am still getting the 306 code and the car is still jerking when driving. I honestly have no idea what it could be, other than maybe measurement errors. I have been driving on a misfire for about 2 weeks now so I need to get this fixed ASAP. Any input is welcome. Thanks.