My Supercharged '89 3.8L Taurus GL - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2001, 14:54   #1 (permalink)
Dave Sansom

Hi. Take a look at

<a href="http://www3.sympatico.ca/david.sansom/SuperchargedTaurus.html">My Supercharged '89 Taurus GL 3.8Litre</a>

for the whole story (so far) about my project car.

Here are some snaps..

DS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2001, 15:41   #2 (permalink)
Moderator / Probe

That's awesome. I love it :D

It must be great spankin Hondas and stuff with that !!

That's so cool. Does the whole car appear stock ? Talk about a sleeper.

nice :)
www.nepoprobes.com
Tang Pgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2001, 16:12   #3 (permalink)
Scamper

It probably appears stock, but, theres nothing hiding the sound the supercharger makes
Old 02-27-2001, 19:06   #4 (permalink)

Nice sleeper, did you add the super charger? Or did that come with the car?

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 07:20   #5 (permalink)
Dave Sansom

Sleeper

Hi. No, I didn't buy it this way. I invented the drive mechanism, bought the Paxton on ebay, built all the mounting hardware from stock steel and did the installation myself.

To a previous reply: Yes, you can hear the S/C if you know what to listen for, but most guys I go up against don't know what they're dealing with since it's so unlikely to find a Taurus with this much guts.

I can beat just about anything because they're so surprised at how fast my grocery-getter takes off. I've gone up against some pretty nasty/agressive drivers and wiped them off the road. I just love the look on their faces in my rear view mirror!

Hondas ??!! I don't even have to use the S/C to beat them. I've done many upgrades that make my 3.8 a killer even without the S/C. My biggest problem is taking care not to spin the wheels at take-off. I make so much torque right now, it's easy to lose a race by hitting it too hard and end up just sitting at the start in a cloud of rubber smoke. I'm working on fixing that problem this summer, but want to keep my changes as a surprise. Watch my web site later in the year to see how it comes out.

DS
Old 02-28-2001, 08:06   #6 (permalink)

I bet you do shock a few people, with the way you have your car set up. I'd love to see some of the looks you get after you've stomp someone in a race.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 10:31   #7 (permalink)
Scamper

I love sleepers(watching them beat someone besides me that is:D)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007