Ford Forums banner

Need Help with Trans.

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bert 
#1 ·
Hi to all. Let me start by saying I have a 2000 Ford Taurus SE with 164,312 miles and I haven't had any major issues until now.

The problem: The car hesitated, shuddered, between 60-70 mph and between 70-80 mph on 2 different occasions when I gave it gas.

I checked my trans fluid and I have a little more than max. I have no (CEL) or any other signs. I thought maybe a motor mount because I heard that on a Car Talk show but any advice is much appreciated.

#2 ·
You could still have a code. AutoZone will check for free. While there, get some MAF cleaner and clean the MAF. When it hesitated, did the engine rev up like it was missing a gear? More than likely, it's an engine running problem. How about the trans service, has it been done lately? Also the fuel filter and tune-up?

#3 ·
Bert thanks so much for replying. I was out of town and I just read your message.

There is an AutoZone right by my job so I will have them check for a code and buy some MAF cleaner. The engine never revved up, it just didn't give me the power I wanted at the moment.

I am going to change the fuel filter and the plugs myself and I will take it to get All the trans fluid changed. Wish me luck and thanks again.

Cordially,
Louie

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.