No headlights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2007, 18:14   #1 (permalink)
Ford man since 1980-27yrs

No headlights

Hi everyone

This is a ongoing problem,awhile back(last summer)the headlights and parking lights were flashing on and off as I was driving,so I took the dash apart and found that it was the light switch and the wiring harnest was melted(common prroblem with the 95 sable)so I replaced both and all seem to be fine untill a couple of weeks ago,now the parking light are ok but the headlights were sometimes going on and off but when I moved the hi/lo on the steering a little bit it would come on,well....today the headlights won't go on at all now!everything else is ok,the parking lights work and the cornering lights work and the driving lights are on but I noticed I can't get the high beams to go on.The flash to pass light works though.What gives?I just bought the turn/hi/lo/pass/multi switch at my local scrap yard to see if thats the problem but I can't install for awhile being that were in a deep freeze here in the maritimes right now but I just wanted to know if I'm going in the right direction?Anyone have this problem?
extremetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2007, 11:58   #2 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

Re: No headlights

The headlights also go though the MultiFunctionSwitch where the high low beam is.

Best bet is to get a relay system and avoid all the current on the switches.
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 10:26   #3 (permalink)
Ford man since 1980-27yrs

Thumbs up Re: No headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremetec
Hi everyone

This is a ongoing problem,awhile back(last summer)the headlights and parking lights were flashing on and off as I was driving,so I took the dash apart and found that it was the light switch and the wiring harnest was melted(common prroblem with the 95 sable)so I replaced both and all seem to be fine untill a couple of weeks ago,now the parking light are ok but the headlights were sometimes going on and off but when I moved the hi/lo on the steering a little bit it would come on,well....today the headlights won't go on at all now!everything else is ok,the parking lights work and the cornering lights work and the driving lights are on but I noticed I can't get the high beams to go on.The flash to pass light works though.What gives?I just bought the turn/hi/lo/pass/multi switch at my local scrap yard to see if thats the problem but I can't install for awhile being that were in a deep freeze here in the maritimes right now but I just wanted to know if I'm going in the right direction?Anyone have this problem?

Update: Well,today the temp was a balmy -10 degrees so I changed the multi switch(flasher,hi/lo,wiper arm)and that did the trick.I got my headlights back and everything is working great!Just wanted to post the update in case someone else has the same issue.It started with the headlight switch on the dash but I think it was the multi switch that cause the dash switch to burn.
extremetec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007

Related Reading: No headlights