no start no go 94' - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2004, 03:39   #1 (permalink)

Question no start no go 94'

[COLOR=SlateGray] I live in redding where summers are well over 104. Lately i have been parking in the shade and not had as many problems. Some days my car will not start right away It turns over but usually takes many tries before I can leave. The other day this happend before work I drove the 6 minutes to work and while breaking in the turn lane my car died it has never died while driving. I had to get pushed into the parking lot. When I turned the key to loosen my wheel the car started this was after the big push.Today I had to leave my car at work because it wont go.The wiring looks kind of funny by the battery like the previous owner had worked on it. Someone said it might be the control module but before paying the money I thought I would see if there are any other posibilities
please help
mede is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2004, 21:05   #2 (permalink)
Sho'n Off

Re: no start no go 94'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mede
[COLOR=SlateGray] I live in redding where summers are well over 104. Lately i have been parking in the shade and not had as many problems. Some days my car will not start right away It turns over but usually takes many tries before I can leave. The other day this happend before work I drove the 6 minutes to work and while breaking in the turn lane my car died it has never died while driving. I had to get pushed into the parking lot. When I turned the key to loosen my wheel the car started this was after the big push.Today I had to leave my car at work because it wont go.The wiring looks kind of funny by the battery like the previous owner had worked on it. Someone said it might be the control module but before paying the money I thought I would see if there are any other posibilities
please help
That does sound like a control module.
Has this been going on for a while or did it just start? Has the car had a regular tune up to it as well? Little things like this can make a car run rough.
2003 Explorer XLT Limited
Monroe, MI

I'd rather be judged by twelve then carried by six
98shotoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:39   #3 (permalink)

Red face Re: no start no go 94'

It has been having a hard time starting lately. This past month it has not wanted to start almost everyday but finally does, I would clinch my teeth and fold my hands evertime i'd get in to go to work. It usually only had a hard time (starting) till that day when it stopped while breaking just shut right off. It started back up after the push. I drove it to work the next day but after work it wouldn't start. It's going on it's fourth day in the parking lot. it tries to start but doesn't get spark. I think my dad got it tuned up when I got it this was about four months ago.
Old 08-14-2004, 20:59   #4 (permalink)
Sho'n Off

Before this happened did it run rough at all at an idle or maybe around 2500 rpm's....like when you are driving regulary down the road?
Monroe, MI

Old 08-15-2004, 03:22   #5 (permalink)

it's always seemed to run rough since i got it real shifty. It's a manual. It seems to be trying to find a different gear all the time when I pull away from a stop light and when acellerating after slight breaking. It shakes when I go over 65 the whole dashboard i need to get my tires rotated when I get it running. I tried to listen more because of all the problems I had starting it in the last month I usually listen to the radio instead. So i am not sure about any difference in sound. i miss my volvo.
Old 08-15-2004, 22:54   #6 (permalink)
Sho'n Off

I am starting to think its either your coil packs, wires, or fuel filter. Fuel Filter being the very last thing to cause that. More then likely if he module was bad it would not start period. With it running rough and "sputtering" like it is it sounds like a "spark" or "electrical" problem...meaning spark plugs, coil packs...stuff like that.

BTW what do you mean by you got it "real shifty"? I know its a manual but confused by what that means.
Monroe, MI

Old 08-16-2004, 00:31   #7 (permalink)

It won't start. it hasent for five days. i'm taking it in tomorrow. by real shifty i just meant it's always seemed to jerk every time i take off after slowing down.. no matter how slowly i accelerate.
Old 08-16-2004, 23:24   #8 (permalink)
Sho'n Off

Have you heard anything back about your car?
Monroe, MI

Old 08-19-2004, 09:51   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98shotoy
Before this happened did it run rough at all at an idle or maybe around 2500 rpm's....like when you are driving regulary down the road?
Youve described perfectly whats happening to my car (Sorry to intrude on the thread). Ive had the spark plugs and fuel filter replaced recently so maybe the coil packs are next. This seems to be the problem of the month...always something.
bellison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 10:32   #10 (permalink)
Sho'n Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellison
Youve described perfectly whats happening to my car (Sorry to intrude on the thread). Ive had the spark plugs and fuel filter replaced recently so maybe the coil packs are next. This seems to be the problem of the month...always something.
Thats quite ok!!!! Thats what this site is about....helping others fix their cars and getting helpful information! I would still say its the starter or coil packs.
Monroe, MI

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007