Non SHO Taurus performance upgrades! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2005, 19:03   #1 (permalink)

Non SHO Taurus performance upgrades!

I personally am probably not going to do any upgrading myself, but after noticing a lack of performance parts for non SHO Tauruses, I thought it would be kinda cool if people posted any performance upgrades they found in this thread for all to enjoy. :)
modenaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2005, 08:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: Non SHO Taurus performance upgrades!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modenaf1
I personally am probably not going to do any upgrading myself, but after noticing a lack of performance parts for non SHO Tauruses, I thought it would be kinda cool if people posted any performance upgrades they found in this thread for all to enjoy. :)

Agreed. I'd love to know how I could tweak LX motor.
Katism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:16   #3 (permalink)
Taurus pimpin

autozone has an aluminum bracket to bolt onto your mass airflow sensor but its actually a throttle body adapter for mazdas bmws and some other car brands but i used that to customize my intake with a cone filter also a flowmaster from a mustang always sounds nice and cut out that unnessesary resinator behind the cat its about 4 foot long not only will it help the car sound better but it shaves off some unneeded weight you can get an msd coil for an 88 crown vic 5.0 or eqivelant its a pretty universal coil and some msd wires use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and i would recommend dropping the transmission pan cleaning the magnet and replacing the filter it takes about 6 quarts and a bottle of lucas transmission aditive for 8 dollars and some change this will help keep your transmission going for a while because they are notorious for problems also use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and port and polish the heads you can put a y pipe in place of the cat with a littie welding but you have to make a bung for the o2 sensor then if you are really talented you could run another y pipe on the other end to make an x pipe with two pipes running streight back but you would have to have pipes bent to go over the suspention an easier way is to just run a pipe streight back off the y pipe with no cat or a high flow cat further back like where it would be located on a chevy caviler to give the effect of long tube headers in a sence then you could run the taurus sho dual exhaust setup with a choice of muffs but i would prefer not using the sho exhaust because you would rather have a single exhaust not have two mufflers restricting it unless you want the back pressure for torque i am in the process of finding out what it will take to change over a taurus 3.0 to stick im thinking a ford tempo 3.0 or an early probe with a 3.0 would be where to look but you would need to snag the ECM (computer) because the one for the auto tells the trans when to shift but you will probably need the shift linkage for the show and the pedal assembly along with the clutch cable for length purposes i do believe the transmission will bolt up to a 3.8 i dont know if a show tranny will bolt in ive heard it wont but never looked (by the way mods listed are to a 91 3.0 liter taurus L) you can also bolt lx lumbar seats into a taurus L the wiring is there for the seats to plug into, the back panel between the rear seat and the window where your speakers are needs to be changed when using rear seats from an lx because of the raised seat back power windows dont look fun also 3.0s have 140 horse 3.8s have 120 but 3.8s have more torque (if u have a newer than 80s 3.8 it has 140) shos have 220 are a pain in the ass to work on and cost alot to fix 3.8s pop head gaskets like crazy but the 3.0 was used in tauruses up to 2003 so if you need an engine with low miles there you go if u have any questions email me at fordracindude8@yahoo.com
Old 02-22-2006, 19:11   #4 (permalink)
Unregistered

jw is a gl a sho or not
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007