Oil blowing out dipstick tube - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2006, 14:03   #1 (permalink)

Oil blowing out dipstick tube

Long story
Brief history
99 Sable
3.0 OHV
265,000 miles 90% highway miles

Recently had some issues with the Coil Pack misfiring on 2 and 4 and completly dead on 6. replaced Plugs ,Wires, and Coil Pack. That issue was resolved ok. Running on all Six again. However I did drive it this way for awhile. Needless to say had some gas run into the crankcase due to the misfiring and dead # 6. A mechanic told me I could pull the plug on the 6 injector without hurting anything. Which I did. Now I am blowing oil out the dipstick tube so bad a cop pulled me over today because of the smoke burning off the exhaust manifolds.
Now I'm not a complete idiot. I spent 15 years turning wrenches but most of my experiance went out the door when they replaced HEI systems. MY common sense is telling me I have some serious internal engine issues here. But I thought I might ask here to see if they is a new fangeled sensor or something I might be aware of due to my lack of knowledge of the newer cars and the way things are done nowadays. Oh yeah also..... PCV valve is sucking like crazy.
markn6275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2006, 19:01   #2 (permalink)
Hi-Tech Redneck

Re: Oil blowing out dipstick tube

Sounds like blow-by to me. Check and make sure the PCV valve is not plugged. Otherwise, you may have serious engine problems.
Johnny Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 20:13   #3 (permalink)

Last time I saw that happening, it was on a destroyed but still running SBC in a boat. It amazes me that engine would even start and run. There were cracked ring lands and broken rings all over the place, and the blowby was so severe that smoke and oil was blowing out the breather cap. Check your PCV to make sure it's working right. If it is, you have major problems. I'd suspect broken rings or a hole in a piston.

Big bux repair.
Tremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 20:40   #4 (permalink)

This was happening on my old engine, you will have no compression as your rings are probably gone. All the pressure is forced passed the rings and looks for the easiest escape route, taking oil with it.

New engine time.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007