Ford Forums banner

Please help, my 2003 Taurus will not go into gears.

6K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  chipset 
#1 ·
Today, my husband was driving my 2003 ford taurus with 89,000 miles. He was accelerating after a red light and the speedometer went to 0 and it would not go into gear. I have read online that some of the causes of this probleme could be a bad speed sensor, a bad cylinoid, a bad connector, or a bad trans. We had it towed to the shop, and he just said that he had connected it to a diagnostic machine, and no codes were pulled, so he thinks the trans needs to be rebuilt. Do all of the causes pull a bad code? He said that they were going to flush the trans. to see if it helped. I mentioned what I had read about the sensors, and he said he would check it. I have been taken advantage of by mechanics in the past. Has anyone else had this problem?:bowd:

#2 ·
Looks like your going down the same road again. Take it to a proper transmission shop
that has a proper scanner for transmissions. Flushing a transmission that does nothing
will just flush your money into his till. For a transmission to just stop, something broke.

#5 ·
A little bit of advice if you want it. Do not put in a used transmission. You could be
installing someone elses junk. Have your old one rebuilt or have the used one rebuilt.
Then at least you have a warranty of some kind and you will know what you have.
Maybe even a warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.