PLEEAASSEE HELP!!! Now starting problems too :-( - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 09:17   #1 (permalink)

frown PLEEAASSEE HELP!!! Now starting problems too :-(

OK, so I am new to your site and have read a lot of your forums and have seen some really good advice on a lot of them, but have been unable to resolve my problems. Well now I am in desperate need of some help here guys. I'm on a budget and this is the only car we have. I originally posted the following thread:

"Good Morning, My girlfriend owns a 2005 Mercury Sable. We seem to have the random alarm going off problem that has plagued many other Taurus/Sable owners over the years. I have done a good amount of reading on the subject here and at other internet sites and poking around on the car trying to resolve the issue myself w/ no luck. I have sprayed down all the door latches and have no problems with my door ajar switches. (At least to the best of my knowledge, door ajar prompt works for all doors on the car's on-board computer with no false positives occurring) Only the drivers door has a key hole, I have sprayed in there w/ WD-40 but have not done any further testing of a said "Door Lock Cylinder Tamper Switch" which I have read could be the root of my problem. I have also read there is a similar switch for the trunk lock cylinder. Anyone have advise or directions on how I can test these two switches in particular? Also could anyone please help me in locating the trunk ajar switch? Thanks in advance for your time, I appreciate any help I can get."

Since then I believe I located the wire connecting the "Trunk Lock Cylinder Tamper Switch" and disconnected it with no change in my occurrences. I also did the same with the hood plunger. No change also. Now I'm having problems with the car randomly not starting. It cranks/turns over just fine, all electronics in the car turn on, but it will not start. Some times the gauges will not turn on while this is occurring, or they will "twitch/flutter" even once the starter has been disengaged and the keys removed. Usually stops within 5-15 seconds tho. Originally I figured it was related to the alarm issues we've been having, so I would lock/unlock the car a couple times, or open then closing hood/trunk. This resolved the problem the first few times it happened but now I haven't been so lucky. The last couple times it happened it wouldn't start at all, so I resorted to disconnecting the battery, letting it sit a couple minutes, then reconnecting it and the car starts right up first turn of the key like usual. I don't know where to look next. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks for your time!!!!!

Oh, fyi, 05 Sable LS 24V DOHC, 44K Miles
JBudz65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007