Ford Forums banner

rear struts 97 taurus

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  trudster1 
#1 ·
first time user. will try to keep this short. groaning noise from right back brake area. had new pads and rotors installed 10 mos. ago. three months later the mechanic said its bearings. these were replaced. graon has returned two months later. took to independent mechanic. he thought it was the brakes also but after further examination, he found that the spring coil was broke in half. replaced them along with strut mounts. two days later noise back again. this noise is only heard first thing in the morning when i pull away from driveway at a slow speed and is there only for a fgew feet of traveling. also it is there when it gets really hot outside. any suggestions. (could it be tyhe struts themselves). i heard that they sometimes dry up until after car has been moving for a few seconds??? thanks

#6 ·
well i just came back from friends place and he took back brake and rotors off. the inside rotors were burnt and a bit warped. he said that this was creating the groan. had to get them machined and then put back to-gether. no noise since,Thank-god. so i asked him why they went bad so fast as they are brand new. he stated that whoever put the new rotors on then the new pads had put an oversized pad on , thus geating more than normal heat against rotors. hopefully this will be the end of this aggravating groan noise. thanks for the support

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.