Rough Idle / Bad Jerking - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 20:57   #1 (permalink)

Rough Idle / Bad Jerking

Yesterday on the way to dinner my 2000 Taurus acted like it wanted to stall at a red light. It was the first time it's ever done that. It did it nearly every time we stopped at lights or backing up.

I took the car in and had them put new plugs in. Still a problem.
I went out and purchased a new IAC valve. Still the same problem but WORSE.

The car when from a slight jerking / rpm dropping to a HUGE jerking where you can feel and see the car jerking. The inside overhead cabin lights dim each time it jumps. This only got worse after I put the new IAC valve on.

After searching all day today and spending $250 I found these other possibilities and would like to know in which order it might likely be. Also the car doesn't throw any visible error codes.

Check Plug Wires for burntness.
Check EGR valve
Replace EGR Sensor
Check PCV Valve

Or does anyone else have an idea? What gets me confused is why it would be 10x worse after installing a new IAC valve.
TWDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2007, 08:09   #2 (permalink)

Re: Rough Idle / Bad Jerking

I am going through the same issue. Finally took it in and the guy said it needed an injector on #4 cylinder.

This garage was out of town and I called back to my regular guy and he indicated there was a Ford recall on this issue. He had fixed one with the same symtoms by doing something to the cylinder and Ford paid.

Jon
JON_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:32   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

What model year was the recall on? I can't find a recall on the 2000 or the 2001 that relates to this. Are you sure it wasn't a TSB - Technical Service Bulletin?
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 18:50   #4 (permalink)

After replacing the plugs, EGR sel. and the IAC Valve I located the problem. The rubber L piece that fruns fromt he PVC valve to under the throttle control was busted. $23 and some change. Had to be purchased from the dealership.
TWDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007