Sable blower relay - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 11:37   #1 (permalink)

Sable blower relay

I have a 98 Sable and it keeps blowing the a/c blower relay. Sometimes it will last a couple of hours, and sometimes a week or two or three. Here's some history on the car:

Some 8 or 9 months ago, I had to change the motor because the crank bearings went out and the motor locked up. (It only had 70,000 miles on it.) So, $600 for a used motor(120,000 miles). Anyways, the connection to the a/c connector was different on the wiring harness, so I just spliced the old connector on. At first I just had it taped, but after the relay started blowing I did some research and came across some info about the compressor not being grounded good could cause relay failure. So I soldered the wires together. Then it took like a month before the relay blew again. Then like a week. I got the least expensive relay with only a 1 yr. warranty. Could the more expensive relay(i.e. lifetime warranty) fix the problem? Also I noticed after we got the car a few years ago that sometimes the headlights dim, then gradually get brighter again. Then dim, then brighter, etc. Does that sound like odd or normal behavior? And is the A/C compressor supposed to come on when I'm running the heater?

Anyways, it's getting cold outside and the wife uses the car in the morning to take the kids to school. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
joeymagnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2008, 10:22   #2 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

Re: Sable blower relay

It could be the Remote Climate Control module, especially if the AC was connect incorrectly previously. Is the relay coil going out or the contacts? Is there a fuse that's blowing?
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 23:49   #3 (permalink)

There isn't any fuse blowing. But it looks a little melted where the relay plugs in at.
Old 10-25-2008, 00:10   #4 (permalink)

I just googled "Remote Climate Control module" and apparently only the auto climate controlled cars have them. I have a manual climate controlled car.
Old 10-25-2008, 00:35   #5 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

Hmm, should have included that info I guess eh?
Old 10-25-2008, 15:42   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymagnus View Post
I have a 98 Sable and it keeps blowing the a/c blower relay. Sometimes it will last a couple of hours, and sometimes a week or two or three. Here's some history on the car:

Some 8 or 9 months ago, I had to change the motor because the crank bearings went out and the motor locked up. (It only had 70,000 miles on it.) So, $600 for a used motor(120,000 miles). Anyways, the connection to the a/c connector was different on the wiring harness, so I just spliced the old connector on. At first I just had it taped, but after the relay started blowing I did some research and came across some info about the compressor not being grounded good could cause relay failure. So I soldered the wires together. Then it took like a month before the relay blew again. Then like a week. I got the least expensive relay with only a 1 yr. warranty. Could the more expensive relay(i.e. lifetime warranty) fix the problem? Also I noticed after we got the car a few years ago that sometimes the headlights dim, then gradually get brighter again. Then dim, then brighter, etc. Does that sound like odd or normal behavior? And is the A/C compressor supposed to come on when I'm running the heater?

Anyways, it's getting cold outside and the wife uses the car in the morning to take the kids to school. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello and good day:

Does the Head light lamps do this "sometimes the headlights dim, then gradually get brighter again. Then dim, then brighter, etc." when the car is idling...or....when you are driving??? And YES the A/C compressor clutch will engage when the heater is on and the the Temp Level is over in the Hot position.....IF WE HAVE BLOWING COLD AIR ...when the Heat..and...temp level is on....then we have a different issue...

As for your other issue...I would likely say you have a Short somewhere...this could be any where...and I am unable to help you in giving you a clue where to look...there are guys here that are well verse in thins and ....."SHOZ" Is one of them...

Good luck on this, and keep us advise.
Sterling_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 18:55   #7 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

I would suspect the blower motor if the system is the old school stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007