serpentine belt installation for 2005 taurus - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2007, 09:12   #1 (permalink)

serpentine belt installation for 2005 taurus

Do i need a special tool for this , i have loosen up the tensioner pulley to loosen up the belt still i have not enougth slack to get it to go over my alternator, or if i do the alternator, then dont have enougth to go over the idler pulley. I went try look for a tool at autozone the one they have dont seen to do the job.
any help will be apreciated
sclassfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2007, 12:02   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: serpentine belt installation for 2005 taurus

If you can't get it because you can't rotate the tool far enough because of hitting against something.... Do what I did, go buy your own tool, cut the handle short so it will clear things. Then just R&R the belt.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 15:52   #3 (permalink)

Is all done, now my problem is as a result of replacing my ac compressor which was the reason why my serpentine belt was out, My Power steering fluid is bubling up out of the little orifice on the cap after i turn the car off, when car is cold the level is just fine, so I know is not overfill, i did disconected the hoses to pull the ac compressor out, could it be that air got into the system and that is what causing this overflowing??
Old 09-26-2007, 11:38   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sclassfe
My Power steering fluid is bubbling up out of the little orifice on the cap after i turn the car off, when car is cold the level is just fine, so I know is not overfill, i did disconnected the hoses to pull the ac compressor out, could it be that air got into the system and that is what causing this overflowing??
Yes, most likely you do have air in the system. I just went through this when replacing my P/S pump, so obviously I had a lot of air in the system.

There are two procedures you can try:
  1. Raise car and turn the wheels left and right to move the air out.
  2. Disconnect the return line (rubber hose) from pump and fuel pump relay (20A fuse in fuse box over your radiator), put hose in container, have someone crank engine over for less than 30 seconds at a time until no more air comes out.
For the record, I went with number one, but the foaming didn't stop until it sat overnight with top off P/S reservoir (air must have worked its out). So much for what the manuals say.

Good luck.
dac122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 13:14   #5 (permalink)

yes, air is the culprit, my problem is i have been trying the trick with the tires left and rigth , but because i dont have a pair of towers to raise the front end up, i been doing in with the tires on the ground and is taking a long time, just a question, while im rotating the tires left and rigth , do i need the ps reservoir cap off? sounds like a dimb question but i need to know, lol. I have very young kids so option two is kind of out.
thanks for the reply
Old 09-26-2007, 13:31   #6 (permalink)

Okay, first things first. How is your steering? Are you getting any assist? Is your pump moaning pretty good?

Are we chasing a non-problem here? I mean a little overflow might just calm down once the air works itself out.

Assuming you still have a problem from above questions, I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't think you want to ever remove the cap while it is running. I think it could introduce more air.

You really don't need a pair of towers, just a floor jack positioned in the middle that gets the wheels off the ground. Don't rock the car too much when turning steering back and forth. Also, don't turn the steering wheel all the way left or right to its steering stop. A little before the stop will do, before the pump begins to moan heavily.

Check you fluid level often while you do this (shutdown first of course), don't ever fill while running, don't overfill, and remove the cap just after engine shutdown to see if your fluid is foaming.

Let us know what you find.
dac122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007