SRS Airbag... need files... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 04:38   #1 (permalink)

SRS Airbag... need files...

Hi!

Well, long story short... AB light is on, thermal fuse inside AB unit is out.. But before I will ask to many quations (some of them may be silly) I wanna get SRS wiring diagram and repare manual, becouse I wanna be carefull with explosive things....

P/S. I drive '93 Taurus LX. Yes, I have an idea that steering wheel contact spring was short ore something like this, but anyway I need some files. Thanx for help gentelmen!
Pablo-UA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 08:49   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: SRS Airbag... need files...

Old 04-18-2010, 10:24   #3 (permalink)

Well, a year ago my friend had this fuse blown in his Windstar and now I got 1-3 code and when I've got home I got 51 code. Fuse was blown.

Resistor is OK, so I wanna know what circuit is short? I disconnected drivers AB but I do not know can I probe this circuit with AVOmeter ore it may ignite pass.side AB? Diagnostic AB monitor is removed now. I've changed fuse but 13 code did not dissapear and resistor goes hot so fuse will fail again
Old 04-18-2010, 19:13   #4 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Exclamation Re: SRS Airbag... need files...

Pablo, I answered code 51 in this thread:

Air Bag Codes - '93 Taurus GL 3.0
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 19:28   #5 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Exclamation Re: SRS Airbag... need files...

Code 13: Airbag Circuit Shorted to Ground

Normal Operation
The diagnostic monitor measures the voltage at Pins 11 and 12 of the diagnostic monitor connector. The voltage at these pins varies with charging system voltage (the expected voltages at Pins 11 and 12 are shown in the charging system voltage chart above. If the diagnostic monitor measures a voltage of 2.0 volts or less at Pins 11 and 12, the monitor will flash out code 13 to indicate a possible short to ground on these circuits (refer to Possible Causes below for additional circuits that may be shorted to ground). When flashing code 13, the diagnostic monitor blows its internal thermal fuse. This disables the air bag deployment circuit. if the voltage at Pins 11 and 12 returns to normal, a diagnostic trouble code 51 will be present due to the open thermal fuse (refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code 51). See: DTC 51: Air Bag Diagnostic Monitor Internal Thermal Fuse Blown

NOTE: Diagnostic Trouble Code 13 will flash only while the short to ground is present.

Possible Causes
Low voltage at diagnostic monitor Pins 11 and 12 can be caused by:

1. A short to ground within the wiring harness on Circuits 614 (GY/O), 615 (GY/W), 616 (PK/BK) - (passenger bag vehicles only) or 623 (P/W) causing the diagnostic voltage to drop.
2. An internal short to ground within the clockspring assembly causing the driver side air bag circuit(s) to be shorted to ground.
3. An internal short to ground within the safing sensor causing Circuit 614 (GY/O) or 623 (P/W) to be shorted to ground.
4. An internal short to case ground within the driver side or passenger side air bag.

tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:18   #6 (permalink)

so first thing I will test is clockspring assembly. and I gonna pull steering wheel and check all
Old 04-19-2010, 05:44   #7 (permalink)

I've just tested clockspring circuit.... not short... So the next step is pass. side AB
Old 04-20-2010, 11:14   #8 (permalink)

I found no short to ground circuit and I solder in new thermal fuse and put diagnostic unit it. No codes. AB light is on for 3 sec and then it is off... So I do not know why fuse was blown?
I pulled out all wiring harness and no notisamble damage. I put all in and I gonna consider problem to be solved... how long time all will work... dont know....
Old 04-20-2010, 11:16   #9 (permalink)

+++
P/s. No reason to use new diagnostic monitor. 160 Dgr C thermal fuse is $1.00. Somewhere may be cheapper. But to solder it in use soft lead and solder with 210 dgr C iron very quicly. Overheated fuse fails immediatly.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:23   #10 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Thanks for the update.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007