Starts, Dies, Waits, Starts, Dies, Wait... Go - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2008, 12:30   #1 (permalink)

mad Starts, Dies, Waits, Starts, Dies, Wait... Go

Ok.. I'm thinking a sensor of some sort. I start the car (92-93 Ford Taurus) it will run approx 3min and die RIGHT NOW. I have to be patient shut Everything off including the key and wait about 2 min then it might restart. If not then I do it all over again. Sometimes it will do this if I try to fool the car and take off when its cold, while going down the street... I have to pull over shut it down and wait it out.

Recently replaced Starter
Battery is all cleaned up
Replaced Fuel Pump just last summer

*I've only been researching my problem so far, sooooo Any suggestions would be wonderful and appreciated.... SLBS?
ReddBratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 09:10   #2 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

Re: Starts, Dies, Waits, Starts, Dies, Wait... Go

May be the CCRM. It controls the PCM power as well as the fuel pump power. Located under the radiator cover on the drivers side.
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:14   #3 (permalink)

CCRM is a possibility. Another one is the either the coolant temp sensor or the air temp sensor. The reason I say that is that after 3 minutes, the computer is probably going into closed loop operation. If the coolant or air temp sensors are out, the fuel ratio would be all wrong and the engine would either starve due to lean, or choke out.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:42   #4 (permalink)

My Cougar (that our son drives) died last fall without warning. It would start, run rough for a minute then stall. I tried everything to fix this. Unfortunately, when I put the laptop onto monitor the computer, my son inadvertently "cleared" the damned thing before I could stop him. Therefore, no error codes!!

Had it hauled to a garage. PROBLEM WAS A COLLAPSED catylitic converter. Might want to consider something similar with yoiur car.
foggysail is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007