It is still messed up,, ECC? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2007, 23:42   #1 (permalink)

Question It is still messed up,, ECC?

This is my Original Post:
I have been having a problem with this 1993 Taurus 3.8L. You know when you turn the key to the first click and the fuel pump pumps for three seconds or so then shuts off.
I have noticed that when this car doesn't start you can hear the pump ON continuously. I have also notice that the cooling fan will come with the motor ice cold. So what I have,, is the pump working continuously and the fan is on.
I can tell when the car will start when I hear the pump shut off after a couple seconds and it will run fine. Tho it will do it again in 1min to 3hrs. It will be idling fine then just shut off the fan will cut ON and you can hear the fuel pump ON.
What do you think the problem is?

I thought it was just the corrosion at the connection, But it wasn't the problem. I got a new Cooling Fan Control\Fuel Pump Control relay and it does the same thing. I will run fine for 30 minutes one day and the next shut off every 2 minutes. I have checked all the ground wires.
When it does this,, I can turn the key on\off over and over and sometimes it will "reset" so it will start.
When it shuts down and the cooling fan comes on\ fuel pump goes constantly what makes it "reset" correctly is,,, I can disconnect the fuse to the ECC and reattach it, it will "reset" the ECC and run fine till it wants to shut off again and I have to do this again.
Tho when I leave the ignition turned to the on position the fan\pump will click on and off at random,, like it does when it is running.

Help?????
troutdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2007, 09:09   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Exclamation Re: It is still messed up,, ECC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdog
This is my Original Post:
I have been having a problem with this 1993 Taurus 3.8L. You know when you turn the key to the first click and the fuel pump pumps for three seconds or so then shuts off.
I have noticed that when this car doesn't start you can hear the pump ON continuously. I have also notice that the cooling fan will come with the motor ice cold. So what I have,, is the pump working continuously and the fan is on.
I can tell when the car will start when I hear the pump shut off after a couple seconds and it will run fine. Tho it will do it again in 1min to 3hrs. It will be idling fine then just shut off the fan will cut ON and you can hear the fuel pump ON.
What do you think the problem is?

I thought it was just the corrosion at the connection, But it wasn't the problem. I got a new Cooling Fan Control\Fuel Pump Control relay and it does the same thing. I will run fine for 30 minutes one day and the next shut off every 2 minutes. I have checked all the ground wires.
When it does this,, I can turn the key on\off over and over and sometimes it will "reset" so it will start.
When it shuts down and the cooling fan comes on\ fuel pump goes constantly what makes it "reset" correctly is,,, I can disconnect the fuse to the ECC and reattach it, it will "reset" the ECC and run fine till it wants to shut off again and I have to do this again.
Tho when I leave the ignition turned to the on position the fan\pump will click on and off at random,, like it does when it is running.

Help?????
Couple things to check before condemning the EEC- check the coolant sensor readout when the car stalls. Also measure the resitance of it and compare it to shop manual specs. If its good, then check the EEC connector for corrosion.If there is none, and the CCRM connector has been cleaned properly, then the EEC may be the culprit.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 08:54   #3 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

Re: It is still messed up,, ECC?

You should see if the fuel pump relay in the IRCM/CCRM is getting the signal to be on. This comes from the ECC. They are much more prone to failure than the ECC.
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 14:02   #4 (permalink)

hey!

where are these relays located in a 95 non SHO 3.0L ????

i have no check engine light at all and it wont spark or inject fuel but have good pressure in the rail

all we did was swap the engine for another and now this all of a sudden

how to test these relays ??

thanks for anything
'57 F-100 all original solid complete needs restored;
'77 F150 4x4 rebuilt 351C, C-6, NP205 brand new 33" mudders, new interior and newer paint; nice 15x10 alum rims, 3.55 axles, for sale, many pics, $7,500;
'69 Fairlane for parts only, rusted;
'97 F150 4x4 pickup 4.9L auto blue leaks trans fluid, drives like a log wagon
fast68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 23:49   #5 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

In the CCRM. The rectangular thing mounted under the panel over the radiator. To test you need a volt meter or you can force the fuel pump on at the data link connector. But if you have good pressure then the fuel pump relay is obviously working.
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007