Texas Heating - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 19:58   #1 (permalink)

Texas Heating

I own a 2001 Mercury Sable which for the past 2 years has an overheating problem. I can run all around the texas heat with no problems until I turn on the Air Conditioner. I drive to work with it on and the temp never raises above center. During the afternoon in the heat of the day when I turn it on it start a slow climb. The minute I turn off the AC it drops back to center. I have had the dealer look at it and sitting in the shop it never overheats. They charged me for a flush and fill and system check anyway but driving home it began to climb again. I dont believe it to be a thermostat problem since it only overheats with the ac on. I do hear the fans kick on as the heat climbs so I dont think it would be that. Any help is appreciated.
3underpars is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2007, 21:07   #2 (permalink)

Re: Texas Heating

Have you cleaned the fins on the radiator? A partially clogged radiator can go over the top once A/C is turned on. Also, is the air dam intact on your car? That's the plastic piece below the bumper. If it's not, that can also cause overheating. Finally, has an radiator or A/C condenser work been done on this? There are plastic and foam baffles up there and if they're not replaced exactly as installed, it can cause serious airflow disruption that would show itself when the A/C is on.

Also, is the problem worse with highway driving? Or is this an in-town problem?
Old 07-31-2007, 21:13   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: Texas Heating

Alot of people having problems with the water pump impellar being eaten awau on the Taurus.

Look here 98 Taurus Water Pump
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007