Took out wrong sensor! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2008, 05:54   #1 (permalink)

Took out wrong sensor!

I need some help folks, i am sure that i took out the wrong sensor on my 1999 taurus 3.0 liter ohv, the problem is that i dont what sensor that i took out is?? I was trying to replace the vss sensor (which apparantly on the pass. side.) >>I found it after the fact!!......Now the problem is that i have no idea what the sensor is that i took out because it is FUBAR, it looked very much like the vss except it was on the drivers side above the transaxle and it was a bear to get out > removed the drivers side suspension to access it.....Any idea what sensor that i totally destroyed is due to lack of knowledge and/or abundance of stupidity! Thank you in advance
TexHavo#28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2008, 07:56   #2 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

Exclamation Re: Took out wrong sensor!

Without a picture I'd have to guess the Turbine Shaft Speed Sensor.
Post some pictures so I can confirm it.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:39   #3 (permalink)

Exclamation Re: Took out wrong sensor!

I would love to send one but i am not sure how to do it? The best i can describe it is, if you were looking at the where the front drivers side axle goes into the transaxle, the hole where the sensor used to be, is located at about 11 oclock. And the hole itself is approx. 1 to 2 inches in diameter, if you look into the hole,it seems to have some sort of chain inside the transaxle. Also the sensor WAS held in place the same way that the VSS sensor is held. Thank you very much for your time and input!
Old 06-08-2008, 14:23   #4 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: Took out wrong sensor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexHavo#28 View Post
I would love to send one but I am not sure how to do it... The best I can describe it is, if you were looking at where the front drivers side axle goes into the transaxle, the hole where the sensor used to be is located at about 11 o'clock. And the hole itself is approx. 1 to 2 inches in diameter. If you look into the hole, it seems to have some sort of chain inside the transaxle. Also the sensor WAS held in place the same way that the VSS sensor is held. Thank you very much for your time and input!!!
Yep, that's the Turbine Shaft Speed sensor.
For future reference, on almost any forum similar to this one to post a picture on a thread you first have to create an account with a photo hosting site, such as Photobucket (It's free), upload your pictures, then click on the Direct Link of the picture. This copies the link to the picture. Then on here or any similar forum click on the Insert Image button (looks like 2 mountains with a yellow sky behind them, just move the mouse pointer over it and a tooltip "Insert Image" will pop up) right click the address bar and left click paste. The copied link from Photobucket is pasted in the address bar. Click OK. On here and some forums the link to the picture is displayed with the [IMG] on both sides of the link. Move the cursor to after the entire link (After the [IMG]) then hit enter. This prevents screwing up the link when typing more info after the picture or when adding another picture. When you submit the thread or reply the picture will then be seen instead of the links. On other forums, when you click OK after pasting the link, the picture will be seen before the thread or reply is submited. After the picture appears hit the Right arrow key so the cursor re-appears on the Lower R. corner of the picture then hit enter once if you are going to type a caption, then enter again before posting another picture. Hit enter twice to allow space between pictures. Hope this is easy to understand.
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 16:39   #5 (permalink)

Re: Took out wrong sensor!

Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it! And in the future I do as you said as far as pix posting....Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007