Trailer Light Wiring Question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2003, 09:31   #1 (permalink)

Question Trailer Light Wiring Question

Hi,
I just installed a trailer hitch on my 99 Taurus Wagon. The problem is the wiring. I have the 5 to 4 wire converter, but no wiring diagram. I can't take off the tail light housings to see what wires to tap either. Would someone please tell me what wires go to the tail/brake/turn signal lights or how to remove the taillight housing? (The owners manual says to go to a dealer to replace the bulbs!) I was hoping to get one of those Hoppy plug-in connectors, but they only come for sedans, not wagons.
Thanks in advance
Joe
joe s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2003, 21:34   #2 (permalink)
removed as previously discussed!

joe. if you do a search on yahoo for "trailer plug wiring diagram" you will quite easily find a site with it

thats what i did :)
Old 04-02-2003, 14:53   #3 (permalink)

confused still need help

OK, I tried that, just got a hundred explanations of which lights the brown, yellow, white and green wires go to. Nothing specific for Tauruses.

Anyone know how to remove the tail light assembly? If I could see the wires I could trace them easily.

Joe
joe s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:04   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: Trailer Light Wiring Question

You can remove the cover trim plates inside the rear hatch area to access the assembly.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007