WHERE DO I GET PARTS? +Crap Headlights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007 Forum for discussion of the Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable and Ford Taurus SHO. Covers vehicle years: 1986-2007

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2006, 21:24   #1 (permalink)

WHERE DO I GET PARTS? +Crap Headlights

I have a 2000 ford taurus (obviously) and i want to put on some semi cheap mods like window tinting, new headlights and tail lights(similar to altezzas), cold air intake(do they make one?) and possibly minor body kit or something to that extent. I have seen some of these parts in pictures but what websites or companies have the best selection?

Also my headlights are weak, should I upgrade the bulbs or get a new headlight assembly?

ANY info would be great, thanks
2000Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2006, 23:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: WHERE DO I GET PARTS? +Crap Headlights

altezzas are tacky looking and leak, don't get them.

nobody makes a cold air intake, but bolting a cone filter onto the MAF is fairly simple and just as good as a cold air intake.

Nobody makes aftermarket headlight assemblies, but upgrading the bulbs can improve light output, I recommend sylvania silverstars.

Andy's Auto Sport - Body Kits and Carbon Fiber Hoods Superstore! sells a body kit for the gen 4 taurus, but it isn't exactly "minor", it's actually fairly radical.
Dr. Disque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:37   #3 (permalink)

thanks for the info!
2000Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 16:08   #4 (permalink)
Administrator

The headlights will still be weak on dim. The brights wont be much better. Been there done that.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:25   #5 (permalink)

Greetings, The headlights on my 2000 are a World apart, better than on my 95 taurus!!! Try the Silverstars, they helped a lot on my 95, and I am very happy with my lights on my 2000. good luck.
bfast54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:14   #6 (permalink)
Multi-Group Moderator

cool Re: WHERE DO I GET PARTS? +Crap Headlights

I have Silverstars in my 2001 Taurus SEL and they are brighter but, after almost two years the have dimmed a little. They're still whiter than stock bulbs but just a slight difference. There's a new Silverstar bulb that's supposedly brighter and lasts longer than regular Silverstars that just came out. Just a penny for your thoughts......
tbird100636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 03:18   #7 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

For the headlights get a two relay wire harness. Usually called a 100w harness. The wires for the headlights are woefully undersized from the factory. Summit Racing or Jegs has them.

Do not add a cone filter inside the engine compartment. Ingesting air over 90F will start cutting timing and the air under the hood easily will exceed 150F in the summer. Add a K&N type panel filter to the stock box. On the '96-'99 Taurus the tube before the air box is pretty restrictive, don't know about the newer ones.
SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 19:45   #8 (permalink)

adding a K&N to the stock box will do nothing to fix the tiny 1" tube that the air is coming in through.
Dr. Disque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:26   #9 (permalink)
NESHO SCT Tuner

Well you could do this.

SHOZ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 17:04   #10 (permalink)

I just took off the air restrictor prior to the air filter box and replaced the filter with a K&N when I first bought the car.
pnettle89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Taurus | Mercury Sable | Ford Taurus SHO | 1986-2007