04 Mustang stall when ac is on..Help! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 11:12   #1 (permalink)

04 Mustang stall when ac is on..Help!

Hi everyone! I have a 2004 GT premium Mustang Convertible w 50,000....My car stalls ONLY when the A/C is on, I took it to ford and they told me I have a bad idle control module so I had them replace it, driving home from ford, my car stalled at a red light A/C was on and now my check engine light is on. Ford Told me I needed a throttle body flush, so I had Firestone do that for me. Driving home again My car stalls with the A/C on and check engine light came back on. So I took it back to Firestone and then they told me the codes on the check engine light were telling them that my Mass air flow sensor was bad, So I had them replace that! The next day A/C is on and my car stalls again and check engine light is back on...I have taken it back to ford and now that are telling me I have one bad spark plug???? I am not sure if I should let them fix this, not only am I broke but really really annoyed! Please someone HELP!!!
italianaqtpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2013, 13:24   #2 (permalink)
2002 F150 XLT

Re: 04 Mustang stall when ac is on..Help!

I'd contact the service manager at Ford and let them know what you've had to do and aren't willing to keep paying. It would have also helped if they did the other work too but they told you what you needed and it didn't work.
Old 07-19-2013, 22:06   #3 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

In agreement with Bert. You've paid money for service and it sounds like either incompetence or stringing you along. Unfortunately, without a list of what codes you might have, it's kind of difficult to help you. If you can't get resolution from the dealer, get it scanned (O'Reilly's, Autozone, and Advanced will scan for free), and if you can, get fuel pressure, vacuum, voltage output, and (big if here), running pressures on your AC.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:52   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

Changing the dud spark plug worth doing to see if it cures your fault .You certainly haven't had the best of service in diagnosing the fault.
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 16:55   #5 (permalink)

You've gotten excellent advice so far. I would definitely go back to the Ford dealer and very sternly inform them that you don't appreciate people guessing at what's wrong with your car at your expense it's one thing not to know what's wrong with it but it is entirely different honest to keep making wild guesses at someone else's expense at this point the right thing for them to do would be to take the car into the shop find out what's wrong with it and then charge you along with a guarantee its not going to stall again I am a little confused in at ford didn't drive the car to make sure it was fixed I'm thinking someone should attempt to monitor the fuel pressure at the injection rail even at idle to see if the fuel pressure drops after running for 5 or 10 minutes

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
brad76017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 20:36   #6 (permalink)

Did anyone check your charging system? My 04 v6 did not stall but had a misfire which was worse with a/c on. Found this to be altenator was dying. Only code that showed up was first a cylinder 3 misfire and after changing wires it showed a cylinder 6 misfire. I then changed plugs and still had the misfire. Finally just for something else to rule out I checked the charging system. New alternator solved the problem.
dannyda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum

Related Reading: 04 Mustang stall when ac is on..Help!