'05/'06 Mustang buyers- - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2005, 17:06   #1 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

Arrow '05/'06 Mustang buyers-

If anyone here has ever ordered a new ford, or thinks that someday they might, please stop in here and vote in this poll:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/index.php?showtopic=20232

I guess Ford higher-ups do read these threads, hoping to get somebody to fix a problem for anyone not living by a big dealer in Va/Fla/Tx, few other areas.

I never realized orders accepted didnt get processed in order...I got an allocated 06 Mustang GT on order 5 weeks ago, at dealer priority '10' (highest), still have not gotten a VIN assigned...I could order one today thru Florida, have a vin tomorrow, have the car in a few weeks- but I'd rather deal with local dealer. Fords 'allocation' sets things up so biggest dealers get the most cars to fill their lots- some might get allocated 10 GTs a month, some might only get a couple a year- problewm is the dealer that gets one will not get it before the bigger guy gets most or all of his- even if it means months later- I talked to another guy thats waited 5 months without a VIN. I cannot tell you how upsetting it is to be kicked to the back of the line while seeing southern orders vin'd(even at lower priority) due to dealers big allocation leverage.
Ford needs to be reminded in the end its the BUYER that keeps them in business, not the dealer. A sale should be a sale, first come/first served.Dealers down south have too many, even putting them on ebay- yet northern dealers cant even get SOLD ORDERS VIN'd.
Vin dont mean it will be built soon, just means its in line- as commodities roll in for that configuration, it will get scheduled- could still be months out...without a VIN, you may wait 6-9 months like happened to a lot of northern guys last year and get cancelled- most dont realize if you live near goliath dealership, it wasnt a problem. this sucks.
Dealer called regional manager last week and response was that our region(pittsburgh to akron at least) is getting only eight GTs a week, and theres over 100 dealerships...yet theres a dealer in texas with 30 on the lot, some on ebay.
Ive only been this hooked on a car once before- a low mileage boss429(kk1311) that I couldnt get a loan for(was 18 at the time)...it was only $8,500 at the time... The 05/06 has got an even stronger grip on this car nut- all the goodies, and not a rare thing that you'd be afraid to drive, etc...wouldnt doubt with a tune and gears it would outrun a boss429 at the 1/4, and surely will outhandle one as-is, got a 3 year warranty and 25 mpg to boot(hard to imagine a 13.5 second 300 hp car can get 25mpg aint it?). I'm hooked...but getting very agitated by fords all for the dealership/nothing for the customer thinking. Sold orders ought to be first come first serve- any northern dealer would agree- they'll never grow if they cant even get cars they've got sold...
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum