06 gt throttle issue - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2006, 06:12   #1 (permalink)

confused 06 gt throttle issue

I have an 06 gt that seems to hang the rpms when I shift or slow down. None of the mustangs I have had in the past have done this.
pabarnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2006, 11:21   #2 (permalink)

Re: 06 gt throttle issue

The new GT has electronic torque control tied into the drive-by-wire throttle system, which will cut throttle if it detects that you may lose traction. If it is a consistent problem, bring it back to the dealership- it should be under warranty, yes?

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 18:27   #3 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

I hate the throttle 'delay off' on mine too- I hear it was one way they got such exemplary epa rating on this little monster, but it definitely gets annoying- first day I had it, noticed its exactly SIX seconds after lifting before full engine braking kicks in- except if its 55-60 degrees then it engine brakes immediately until engine warms slightly- even burbles/backfires a bit :) if short shifting rpm can actually shoot up a little at pressing the clutch in- 2-2200 rpm seems where mine likes to hang.

Ive read most of the delays can be tuned out, but I'm a little worried about both MPG and warranty- aside from the kinda numb gas pedal feel, everything else about driving it is a blast- well the third gear gate dont allow powershifting very easily, but other than that...My first mech mod desired would be probably the shifter- barking third is just too tough. next on the want list would be a roots type blower for another 100 ft-lb, as this one is lacking a bit of off idle pull, but with the 5 speed, its not a problem...
regarding mpg- I got >24 on two road trips a couple weeks ago- including half-dozen scorched onramps :) Ive heard 26 is easy to average at 75-80 mph, and dont doubt it a bit...one guy on another forum added a shaker and now says he's getting around 30. next up- true cold air/hoodscoop...
Old 04-30-2006, 18:32   #4 (permalink)
Old Ford Fan

oops- ps:

should mention theres a 'adjustment' you can reset:
turn key to run position, dont start.
as soon as lights shut off(few sec) at a moderate speed fully depress accelerator to floor and immediately release at about the same speed
turn off key.

some guys said this really helps a lot, I noticed mines a bit more responsive, but nothing dramatic. theres a thread over at themustangsource.com on this issue.
Old 04-30-2006, 19:48   #5 (permalink)

The shifter is funky and the 2-3 is a common complaint. The remote shifter design is funky- the front of the shifter assembly is mounted to the transmission and the rear is mounted to the body... so when engine/trans are torquing, the front torques with them, but the rear remains stable on the body. The aftermarket shifters ($180 range) fix it by extending the rear mount to also mount on the transmission itself.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum