'07 GT stereo - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2007, 16:54   #1 (permalink)

'07 GT stereo

My friend just bought one of these (I'm envious much) and wants to put in his aftermarket head unit and speakers from his old car. He has the 500? package, I think it has the regular 6x8's in the 4 corners plus 8" subs in the doors.

I've heard they have the factory amps in the doors in the front, is that right? Does anybody know how much power those put out? We'd also like to know the impedence of the factory speakers if anybody knows that as well.

I haven't seen the car yet but from what he's told me it seems like we may be able to just replace the 6x8's with the new ones and run those off the head unit (bypass the factory amp), and maybe get an LOC to get the signal to the 8 incher's amp and leave that part in there.

I'm pretty heavy into the car audio game so I know what I'm doing for the most part, we'd just like some introductory info so we know how to attack this.
KU40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum

Related Reading: '07 GT stereo