1988 ford no just stopped and don' t get any spark - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 14:21   #1 (permalink)

1988 ford no just stopped and don' t get any spark

Ok my 1988 ford mustang has a 1 year new engine and has been running fine. Then yesterday it just shut off while driving. I towed it home. I changed the coil, distributor, and control modular on the dirtributor. Did a compression test and it is set on cylindar one. I don't seem to be getting any spark. On time I put some starter fluid sprayed in teh throttle and it almost seemed like it was going to start. This was after playing with the emergincy switch in the hatch back for the pump too. I am not sure what else to check or do?
Lavacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2007, 16:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: 1988 ford no just stopped and don' t get any spark

my 88 mustang gt did the same thing so i took it to the dealership and they replaced the distributer, ignition system, etc. the problem continued. i had suspected it was the fuel pump, and had told them but they did not change the fuel pump. so i ended up paying $2000 for those repairs and more, but the car kept quitting when it would run for a while.

i took it to a local shop and they replaced the fuel pump. now it runs completely perfect.

try the fuel pump
Mustangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 16:18   #3 (permalink)

as for the spark problem =/ i cant really say for sure except the ecu or distributor. havnt dealt with that exactly. may want to get you some new plug wires too. just for case ^-^
Mustangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 15:15   #4 (permalink)

try and get a "it we fix it you pay for it" deal
casemods is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum