Ford Forums banner

1999 v6 mustang rear brake problem

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tbird100636 
#1 ·
I need some input on to what would cause my 1999 mustang v6 disk rear drivers side brake pads to wear real quick while the passengers side is fine.I already went through 2 sets of pads and two calipers. could it be that line that splits the rear brakes or a system problem .Any advice would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Usually one side will wear more than another due to the following possible senarios:

Piston sticking in caliper
caliper sliders are bent or sticking
warped rotor
incorrectly mounted pads or caliper or rotor
Air in lines

Give these items a check and see if you find anything that will help.:driver:

#5 ·
Have you tried the flex hoses yet??? They can deteriorate internally and possibly hold pressure to a brake caliper.

#4 ·
there is a porporsioning valvue on the front of car under hood along with the split block on your rear end, you said you had everything bled? from front to back or just back?
look at getting it pressured bled from the lines off the resevoir. if calipors pads rotor were all replaced and it still wears one side out, look at oppsite side fluid is getting to sidee that is wearing causeing it to work and not the other
brake system opperates off of pressure of fluid, more pressure and fluid more brake hince wear, less fluid less wear

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.