2000 Mustang question - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2009, 22:13   #1 (permalink)

2000 Mustang question

Well I just joined the forums..I'm 16 and for my birthday my parent's bought me a black 2000 mustang v6 3.6 liter with a cam 5 speed. They payed $4k for it. I am wondering where i can get some seat belt retractors I think there called(pulls the seatbelt back when you take it off). I would also like to change the interior color of the car. But im not sure what color I should use. Im not very intelligent with cars Im wanting to learn tho. But my main question is when they bought the car the radiator fan was wired to the coil pack. Well i was driving it and i stoped at a gas station well i got read to leave and the car would not start where they wired the radiator fan to the coil pack it blew a fuse abbove the drivers side floor board. We rewired the radiator fan to a red wire going to the battery i think not to sure on that...But would there be any better place to wire it to? and every now and then my battery light comes on when i start the car it stays on till i start driving is it suppose to be like that? or no? Sorry i have so many question just looking to fix up my car and become more experienced with cars...Thanks in advance for advice.
Chamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2009, 15:34   #2 (permalink)
dude wicked fast mustang

Re: 2000 Mustang question

if your fan was wired to the coil pack chances are it will run any time the ignition is on not a good idea an leaving you fan on all the time will draw current constantly therefore draining the battery if you leave the key in the on position go into a store or something you could come out and find you battery dead also putting that into the ignition circuit in parralel will just cause more amperage (current) to be drawn off that circuit this would blow your fuse i would look up an oem wiring diagram and see how it was done from the factory hope this help you with your situation you'll learn as you go
fomoco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum

Related Reading: 2000 Mustang question