2003 Mach1 Plugs and Wires - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2006, 10:53   #1 (permalink)

2003 Mach1 Plugs and Wires

I have 48,000 miles on my 2003 Mach1 and want to install Iridium plugs. The existing stock wires appear to be in top order. Would it make sense to replace them since they should be good until the 60,000 mile mark? Will I get better performance out of the new plugs with new wires, and if so, which brand should I consider?
Many thanks,
--Chris
cesar5571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2006, 23:03   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2003 Mach1 Plugs and Wires

your wires should be good until your next tune up is due, and changing wires and plugs isn't gonna do enough for you to notice by driving your car. in order to get more out of the ignition side, you really need to upgrade to a better ignition, like an msd ignition... i hope this helps
zader_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum