2004 ford mustang gt have some questions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 12:21   #1 (permalink)

2004 ford mustang gt have some questions

hello i have a 2004 ford mustang gt it has the 4.6L v8 sohc with a 5 speed the i just got it a few days ago and here is what i have found out what is rong atm
1. when i 1st tried to drive it the front brakes were locking up i replaced the caliper,rotors,and pads and flushed out the brake lines and that fixed the prob
2. as of today when i start up the car i hear a humming like the throw out bearing is going bad when i push the clutch pedal in the humming goes away trying to figure out if i should change it now or wait till it goes out in my old 90 stang the throw out bearing hummed for 5 years before it finally went out so idk when to change it
3.when the trans mission is in netrual i also hear like the clutch is screapeing something inside the trans not sure if that is the pressure plate or the clutch disk
4. i noticed that my car does not have a slave cylender and the clutch pedal is a bit stiff to move so did the ford mustangs use the cable clutch set up all the way till 04? i was curious
5.my ac/heat blower motor only works on max not on the other 3 blower speeds so i think its a ac/heat blower motor resistor or what ever its called i just wanted to make sure that is what it was called before i went out and bought it
6.i noticed a cylender #3 miss and when i opened up the hood the wires going to the plugs were a bit loose and it went away so what are all of those strange looking sensers on top of the plugs?
i want to apologize for asking all of these questions im a bit new to working on cars that are newer than 1972 i grew up working on my dads old cars and never really worked on new cars too much so this is the newest car i have owned
dreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 19:02   #2 (permalink)
Dazed and Confused

Re: 2004 ford mustang gt have some questions

2. Personally, I'd change it first opportunity. Someone may have a better suggestion, but that's mine.
3. See 2.
4. I'm pretty sure it's hydraulic, see 2., it might help.
5. That's what it's called.
6. I believe you're looking at the coil packs.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:02   #3 (permalink)
Moderators

The brake and clutch master cylinder reservoirs are the same on an '08, I think the same design was used in '04. You bleed the system by repeatedly pumping the clutch.

I agree with Cat regarding clutch replacement. Mcleod clutches have worked well for me.

You should have replaced the front brake hoses when you repaired the front brakes. They collapse with age and prevent the calipers from returning.
Bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:16   #4 (permalink)
Moderators

If it is not hydraulic and has an adjustable clutch cable , try giving it more clearance ?
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:21   #5 (permalink)
Moderators

Forgot to mention , if noise goes when clutch pressed , other possibilty is gearbox layshaft bearings .Transmission oil level o.k ?
R.S.LOGAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:33   #6 (permalink)
Moderators

Sorry for the misinformation, the '04s were cable actuated, not hydraulic like the '08. Check this link, hopefully it will help.
2004 GT Clutch Adjustment???? - Mustang Boards
Bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum