2004 Mustang Convertible V6 - remote and other questions before buying - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2009, 14:25   #1 (permalink)

2004 Mustang Convertible V6 - remote and other questions before buying

I just looked at a 2004 Ford Mustang V6 Convertible (40th Anniversary Edition) I'm interested in buying, the seller didn't have a remote for the car.

How can I find out if the car has an alarm system, so I only have to buy the remote for it? Are these cars all equipped for remote controls or do I have to buy a complete new remote alarm system? How much would that cost approx.?

Also, the car has a salvage title because the front bumper had to be repainted due to an accident, any input on that? He had a mechanic check it, who said everything else was fine and I could do the same before buying it.

I don't know much about cars, but it seems like a really good offer, the seller wants less than 5,500 for the car with 52,000miles.

Thanks
Markusx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2009, 19:30   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: 2004 Mustang Convertible V6 - remote and other questions before buying

Quote:
Also, the car has a salvage title because the front bumper had to be repainted due to an accident, any input on that? He had a mechanic check it, who said everything else was fine and I could do the same before buying it.
They don't issue a salvage title just because the front bumper had to be repainted. The car was wrecked, the insurance company deemed the car totaled, the car was then sold by the insurance company to someone who rebuilt it. That's why it has a salvaged title.

But, as long as car has been repaired correctly, it does seem like a good deal.

As for the alarm question, not for sure, I'll let someone with the knowledge answer that one.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 17:44   #3 (permalink)

Thanks jwko,

The seller mentioned more than only the front bumper, but it's good to hear that the car really still is a good deal. When I drove it, I noticed that there is a strong vibration when I'm on the brakes while in D, it goes away as soon as I shift into N. The mechanic told the seller that was normal, would you agree? I know the same thing from my 97 Accord, but I can't remember what it was like with the other Mustangs I had tested since that is a couple of weeks ago.
Markusx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:39   #4 (permalink)

Yup, the car was totaled at some point to have a salvage title,but there's nothing wrong with that as long as everything had been repaired correctly.

Is the vibration only when your on the brakes,and then does it go away when you're off the brakes?

If it does could be the brake rotors.
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 18:28   #5 (permalink)
Always the student

As far as the remote goes, if you cycle from off to the on position,(not start) 8 times within 10 seconds, ending in the on position, the locks should cycle. If they do, you have keyless entry from the factory.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 18:37   #6 (permalink)
Administrator

Inst keyless entry pretty much standard now on all vehicles now days?

It's almost a guarantee that 04 has it.
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum