2004 Remote Start Install Help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 23:35   #1 (permalink)

2004 Remote Start Install Help

So new to this forum, didnt see a search function on here otherwise I would've looked first so hopefully this is a new thread otherwise please feel forward to link me to any appropriate material.

I have a 2004 Mustang, bone stock, automatic and am in NYC. These winters get colder and colder and I decided its time for remote start. I came across a Ford OEM (Code Alarms) remote start system for 02-04 Mustangs but I have never done an installation such as this and had a few questions.

The part number on the box is: 2w7z-16g364-ba

Below are pics of all the parts included as well as the instructions that were included however, after looking over it I'm honestly pretty confused. One reason being that if you look at the pictures of what came with remote start compared to the instructions there seems to be alot missing. If I had to guess I'd say there is about 50-60 wires but on the instructions it only shows connections for like 20 of them.

My questions are these...
1. Am I missing some part of the instructions? And if so where can I get a full set?
2. I've been told that I need a PATS bypass module of some kind but I have no idea what that is really or what it looks like, was that included in my package?

Thanks for all the help, I know I'm a noob in this and people will probably laugh but I'd appreciate all teh help/advice/info people can offer.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._5549683_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._8303798_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._3546367_n.jpg
ragnarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2010, 09:52   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2004 Remote Start Install Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
2. I've been told that I need a PATS bypass module of some kind but I have no idea what that is really or what it looks like, was that included in my package?
the pats by pass is included it is the box with the ring shown in 2nd row 3rd pic
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum