2005 Mustang making a strang noise! Help!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 16:07   #1 (permalink)

2005 Mustang making a strang noise! Help!!!

I have a 2005 Ford Mustang with approximately 14,500 miles on it and I've been having some major mechanical issues.

Within the first 2000 miles, it began making a loud banging noise anytime I made a sharp right or left hand turn; I took it to the dealership who said the struts were the problem and were replaced. Problem solved.

Last month (at 14,000 miles) the car died on me completely; after getting it jumped started, I drove it directly to the dealership. They said the alternator was no good and they replaced that.

Today, I began to hear a strange clanking noise. The noise only occurs when I'm accelerating; If I'm not pressing on the gas, there is no noise. Does anyone have a clue as to what's causing this. I'm taking the car (again) to the dealership to be repaired but I'm becoming mighty fed up with this vehicle. I've never owned a brand new vehicle with so many problems!!
KAlexR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 08:46   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2005 Mustang making a strang noise! Help!!!

Not enough info to help.
FEAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 05:37   #3 (permalink)

is the noise in the engine compartment, rear wheel wells, in the dash, under the car, over the moon, through the woods? how does it sound exactly?
KU40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 13:03   #4 (permalink)
06 GT BONE STOCK...4 NOW!

Hellllllppppppppppppp Me Too I Have The Same Shit. I Have A Auto 06 Gt Vert Bone Stock. I Got It Used At 11,000 Miles Now It Has 20,000 Around 16-17(miles) It Started To Make That Clancking / Grinding / Taping, Kind Of Like Metal On Metal Wen I Try To Hit The Gas A Little Bit Harder Than Usual Like To Pass A Car Or To Look At A Chick In The Car In Front Of U...... Any Ways The Noise Is Kind Of Under The Shifter But Not Right Directly Under. I Think It Might Be My Drive Shaft (u Joints) Cuz Sometimes I Feel Like The Car Is Putting Out More Power Than Normal. But Remember I Don't Know Anything About Cars Im Jus Guessing Please Give Second Opinion. Any Body?
treen4ghumb20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 13:09   #5 (permalink)

Re: 2005 Mustang making a strang noise! Help!!!<!-- google_ad_section_end --> <hr style="color: rgb(153, 153, 153);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->

"KALEXR" IF UR PROBLEM IS THE SAME AS MINE LET US KNOW SO WE CAN DITERMIN IF ITS THE SAME THING OR NOT
Old 05-05-2008, 13:21   #6 (permalink)

Sorry Guys I Posted That Last One About The Noise In The Wrong Thread I Have Two Problems The One I Mentioned B4 About The Drive Shaft. And The One I Ment To Post....... My 06 Gt Vert Auto Stock Makes A Rubing Taping Sound When I Turn Sharp Left Or Right Fast Or Slow Sounds Like Its Right Where The Tire Are Turning But I Ve Turned The Wheel All The Way To One Side Then The Other Way, Looked At Tires,routers,springs,ex. I Dont Know But Every Thing Looks Ok Please Help Remember A Rubbing,taping,grind The Weird Thing Is The Other Problem Make Similar Sound But More Intence More Of A Grinding,clancking.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum