2005 Mustang possible elec problem? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 04:06   #1 (permalink)

2005 Mustang possible elec problem?

Here's the problem:
12-7-09: As I walked to my car I could hear a very rapid clicking noise. I got in and before putting the key in the ignition I noticed the seat belt light on the dash was flashing off and on really fast. I put the key in to start it and nothing. I had it towed to the local Ford dealership where they said the battery was dead. I argued that it was not so they charged it up and eventually found that the computer was bad. Since the warranty on the computer is 8 yrs/ 80,000 miles it was a covered repair. As was the tow. This all took a month. I got my car back 1-6-10

3/8/10 Same exact thing except this time they told me it was the battery again because when they charged it the car started right up. Well it was the original battery so I figured I was probably due for a new one any way. They returned my car to me on 3/12/10

4/17/10 Got in my car and the exact same issue. Its now sitting on the side of the road and I will get a truck to tow it into Ford again. The service manager and I are going to have a little "come to Jesus" talk and only one of us is going to walk out with his balls...and at this point I don't think it's going to be him.
janeinstx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 11:06   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Re: 2005 Mustang possible elec problem?

Be sure to post back and let us know the outcome
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum