2005 V6 Mustang Electrical - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2008, 15:17   #1 (permalink)

confused 2005 V6 Mustang Electrical

2005 V6 Mustang "magic light"

My park lights on the right side randomly turn on and off. After being parked a few days this obviously causes a problem (dead battery). And of course the warranty has ended. Any ideas here?

Can anybody help me?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
jethro_2005_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2008, 01:16   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2005 V6 Mustang Electrical

I am so sorry for your probs. I too am having serious probs with MY 2005 stang...I was just looking for a place to post my rant and saw your post.
gothic54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 14:28   #3 (permalink)

Re: 2005 V6 Mustang Electrical

I have recently learned that some vehicles have exterier lights that come on when there is a problems with the anti-lock brakes. My light problem went away for a few weeks and then all of a sudden the car began to drag while cranking.

I am assuming the lights were coming on without me noticing or something else is draining the battery. This also led me to wonder if the lights come on when the battery is getting low. Sounds like a stupid warning sign, but who knows. The vallet system in my truck will OPEN the doors if the battery gets low.

Now, every couple weeks I will trickle charge the battery over night and have not seen the mystery lights since. Its not a fix, but it beats a dead battery...
jethro_2005_v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum