2006-07 Mustang GT Production - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2006, 02:02   #1 (permalink)

2006-07 Mustang GT Production

I've heard rumors recently that Ford either has or is going to cease production of the Mustang GT due to the company's financial woes and reorganization plans. Is this true, and if so, what are the facts?

GT Noir
GT Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006, 06:47   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2006-07 Mustang GT Production

I haven't heard that. Ford's coming out with more variations of the Mustang ie: Bullit, Mach 1, etc... That would be crazy anyway, Mustang GT is one of it's top sellers.

Read this US:PRESS RELEASE: Ford Accelerates 'Way Forward'

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 14:32   #3 (permalink)

I didnt think that they were going to make the mach 1 again for a while
Old 09-20-2006, 15:24   #4 (permalink)

I was stating an example....

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:49   #5 (permalink)

Then again, they have BS magazines like Car and Driver comparing the new GT500 to the new Corvette. "We ordered a base model Corvette but they gave us this one with the upgraded suspension and brakes," then bash the Shelby because the vette has better handling and braking. Am I the only seeing problems with that?
It's clearly a group of guys who think the Corvette is the best and the Mustang is for rednecks. I'm sure they pretend they could afford a Corvette on their editors' salaries. The 'vette won by 20 points, but looking at it, 21 of the points were completely a matter of preference. Running the numbers the Shelby would have won, despite being $20k cheaper and having the standard equipment instead of upgraded hardware.
I'll stop now.
Picked a bad week to quit smoking.

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 21:04   #6 (permalink)

In response to the GT500 / Corvette Z51 comparo, I think it's a reasonable comparison based on the price range. I love Corvettes and Mustangs (and I've mostly had Mustangs), but I think the GT500 just isn't the sports car some hoped it'd be. In fact, I don't believe it is a sports car at all. To me, it's just a Mustang GT with a honking engine, a trick tranny, and........well, that's it. Oh yeah, a $15-$20 dealer mark-up. It's a great muscle car, but that never implied good overall performance, just quickness. Unfortunately, it seems the GT500 only marginally quicker than the Terminators...if at all quicker. At any rate, the GT500 is a great car, but not in the same class as a Corvette.

The Corvette is just a better performance car due to its MUCH lighter weight (including weight balance) and independent rear; two things I was hoping the GT500 would have had. I just got my 2007 Mustang GT last month and I wish it had an IRS like the 03 Cobra I traded in. When I get the bucks, I'll get a Z06. Hopefully by then Ford will have an IRS in the Mustang and offer an "R" model or similar; that'd be my dream car. BUT, I ain't holding my breath!
jjraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:35   #7 (permalink)

I have been a loyal Mustang Fan for many years, but even the diehards if they are honest are disappointed with the GT500. If a recent test where a Chevy Cobalt came close to besting its lap times was not enough proof, I don't know what is. The 2003-2004 Cobras are just as fast in a straight line and I know my 2001 Bullitt handles better. At $35,000 a intresting car, but at 60?????? noway
cocojoe53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum