2006 Ford Shelby GT-H & 2007 Mustang GT California Special - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2006, 17:52   #1 (permalink)

2006 Ford Shelby GT-H & 2007 Mustang GT California Special

2006 Ford Shelby GT-H

Autoweek

Forty years ago, the only way to get behind the wheel of a 1966 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350H special edition was to visit your local Hertz car rental, sign on the dotted line (this would have been a great time to pay extra for the rental insurance), and drive away to the nearest racetrack. Though there's little evidence any of the cars actually made it to the track, that's not stopping Ford, Shelby and Hertz from reigniting the urban myth with 500 black and gold 2006 Shelby GT-H models-available this later this year as Hertz rental cars only. The special model gets a boost from Ford Racing Performance Parts bin, resulting in a 20-hp, 10-lb-ft increase in power from the 4.6-liter V8 (up to 325 hp and 330 lb-ft).

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2006, 17:54   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2006 Ford Shelby GT-H & 2007 Mustang GT California Special

Surf's Up: Ford to Offer "California" 2007 Mustang GT This Summer

Inside Line

The Ford Mustang GT California Special options package includes 18-inch polished aluminum wheels, integrated chin spoiler, classic side scoops and body-side racing stripes. (Photo courtesy of Ford Motor Company)

LOS ANGELES — Ford said it will roll out the 2007 Mustang GT California Special, the first of several Mustang V8 "feature cars" this summer, with a price tag of $1,895 for the options package.

The package is largely cosmetic and includes a unique engine cover, standard 18-inch polished aluminum wheels and performance tires, a front fascia with an integrated chin spoiler, classic side scoops, body-side racing stripes and a rear fascia with a lower air-diffuser design.

The Dearborn automaker said production estimates have not been finalized, but the 2007 California Special is expected to "surpass the sales total of its predecessor of nearly 40 years ago, when 4,325 copies of the GT/CS were sold." The GT/CS was originally a limited-production 1968 Mustang coupe fitted with Shelby Mustang "dress-up" pieces and sold only through dealerships in California. The 2007 California Special can be ordered as either a coupe or a convertible and will be available through Ford dealerships throughout the United States.

The cabin on the '07 model comes in either dove or parchment and includes black leather seats with special inserts. Matching front floor mats include special Mustang badging. Exterior color choices are limited to Redfire Metallic, Performance White, Vista Blue Metallic and black. Valencia Yellow is to be added later in the model run.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum