2006 GT Transmission concerns - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford Mustang Forum This forum is for the discussion of all Ford Mustang models, including the Ford Mustang, Ford Mustang Convertible and Ford Mustang Coupe and all older/classic models and submodels.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2006, 16:29   #1 (permalink)

2006 GT Transmission concerns

I have a 2006 Mustang GT with auto. The car is bone stock with 4300 miles on it and I have experenced some problems with the transmission. I have a service appointment scheduled for after christmas, but I was hoping maybe someone else had the same problem and could enlighten me. It seems to have 3 issues that I have noticed. # 1 after about an hour on the interestate it seems not do down shift immediately once I exit and get ready to take of again. It has done this at least 3 times. #2 we have had a couple cold nights below 10 degrees F and both mornings it has had a loud groaning sound coming from the tranny until it heats up. #3 I notice sometimes after I drive to work and pull into the parking lot, the downshift is pretty rough, not all the time but enough times that I have taken notice.
Any ideas as to what this could be? I know it is under warranty, I just don't want to be a long time without the car.
AARON06STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2006, 05:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2006 GT Transmission concerns

#1 - Sounds like the shifting module needs reprogrammed or replaced. I would expect the car to be out for at least a day or two because I have yet to find a dealer that stocks parts of that nature. They usually have to have them sent overnight from Dearborn.

#2 - I doubt if the loud groaning sound is the tranny. It is probably the engine because the oil has to get warm enough to circulate readily. My Mustang GT does that loud groan as well for about 30-45 seconds then it slowly begins to diminish in loudness. However if it really is your tranny I suspect it would perhaps happen due to the same reason...the auto-tran fluid may be a bit thick and it needs to warm up.

#3 - Related to #1.
Vista Blue GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 19:28   #3 (permalink)

I got it back today. they had it for a day and half and found nothing wrong with it. no codes and they could not get it to act up. I was afraid it would be like that. i was wondering if it could be something electronic, but they said the had never encountered this problem before and had no idea what was causing it because it seemed fine while they had it.
AARON06STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 21:19   #4 (permalink)

Hey Guys, I'm new on block ('06,Vista Blue GT), and I two have shifting concerns with my tang.
When I want to GAS it a little for fun or whatever, the tranny has a long hesitation before it kicks in. So much so that I manually downshift to get the performance I want. Ford says this is deliberate to pervent too much slippage on tranny. I have heard others complain of this too. How about you?
deaconmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 22:27   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaconmoon
Hey Guys, I'm new on block ('06,Vista Blue GT), and I two have shifting concerns with my tang.
When I want to GAS it a little for fun or whatever, the tranny has a long hesitation before it kicks in. So much so that I manually downshift to get the performance I want. Ford says this is deliberate to pervent too much slippage on tranny. I have heard others complain of this too. How about you?
OK...the 05 and 06 Mustang GT's have a pause when going to a wide-open-throttle. This is caused by a faulty fuel pump which is located under the back seat on the passenger half of the car. There is a Tech Service Bulletin for this. Take the car to teh dealer and let them know there is a TSB for this. It takes them all of 10 minutes to put a new fuel pump in at no charge.
Vista Blue GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford Mustang Forum